Drivers are responsible to operate company trucks and trailers and making deliveries and pickups according to the scheduled route and instructions are given by the dispatch department. Drivers are also responsible for inspecting the equipment; operate it in compliance with the Safety rules, local and federal laws, DOT rules and regulations, and company policies and procedures.
Daily Equipment Inspection:
- Be on time at the report for duty time specified in the dispatch info.
- Complete Pre-trip inspection every morning, before leaving the terminal yard -20 minutes (thoroughly truck and trailer) and filling out the inspection form.
- Complete Post-trip inspection every afternoon before logging off from driver tech – 10 minutes and filling out the inspection form.
- If you notice any equipment problems/issues notifying Terminal Manager and the dispatch.
- Bring all Inspection forms to the terminal manager to be filed.
- Visually inspect equipment inside out for possible problems (defects, holes, damaged missing parts).
- In case of using reefer trailers, pre-trip inspect them before leaving the yard.
- Stay logged in Drivertech at all times.
- Do not manually edit anything in Drivertech.
- Do not attempt to fix Drivertech by disconnecting and replacing parts without the terminal manager’s permission.
- Call Safety pointing any problems with Drivertech and in case of system failure – use paper logs.
- Keep computer and screen clean and free of scratches.
- Do not operate it while driving.