This position’s primary role is to operate a sit-down forklift for the purposes of loading/unloading various types of freight. It also involves hand loading and stacking, inspecting the trailers before loading and while unloading, cleaning the trailers and pre-trip for all reefer units. Responsible for loading accurately and safely, securing all shipments, counting all inbound loads and local pickups and complete tally sheets.
- Load and unload EASTBOUND/WESTBOUND/LOCAL freight movement, per instructions from the shift supervisor
- Fix damaged freight and notify shift supervisor on damages
- Secures freight after loading
- Operate all loading/unloading equipment in a safe manner
- Clean all trailers before loading and after unloading
- Scans documents
- Builds consolidation trailers in Archer
- Print dispatches
- Work with dispatch for planning of next day P&D board (equipment availability, freight loading)
- Assist drivers when necessary
- Secure the warehouse and set the alarm at the end of shift (when appropriate)
- Performs duties of yard hostler once properly trained, as required.
- Take a proactive approach and lead by example in our safety program
- Know and Understand Safety and Health Program
- Communicate all safety concerns and suggestions
- Follow all safety procedures
- Report any accidents or near misses to Manager/Supervisor
- Know how to perform required tasks correctly
- Ask for help or advice when you are unsure of how to do a job the safe way
- Keep your work area clean and free of clutter.
- Always wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for your job tasks.
- Employee shall comply with all responsibilities as outlined within the Safety Manual.
Reports Directly To:
- Previous supervisory experience preferably in a warehouse setting
- Dependable and flexible to shifts needed
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to lift minimum of 30 lbs
- Ability to work in harsh weather conditions