**This is a contract position with an end date of 10/31. Please only apply if you are seeking contract work.****
When it comes to creating mind blowing immersive experiences Wevr, a pioneering immersive entertainment studio, knows the game! With some of the top talent in the industry, not only do we work hard to create an environment that helps us attract top talent but we cultivate a culture with more opportunities for our team to continue to thrive.
We hire a mix of the best talent. From seasoned industry veterans to talented rising stars, our goal is to incorporate diversity that garners new perspectives and experiences. We love working with brave talent who thrive in navigating the waters of the ever evolving modern interactive entertainment world.
About the Job
As our QA lead your job will be to start working with our Gnomes and Goblins VR team. The right candidate will step in and manage the team and the processes involved with all of our testing efforts. Your role will hold accountability for quality of risk management and quality assurance best practices.
- Will act as the team liaison to external QA team
- Develop a comprehensive test plan for the QA team, and work with them on the execution
- Provide daily smoke tests of the build for the development team
- Manage the Jira database, update workflow to accommodate QA
- Drive reporting and risk assessment for target platforms, in collaboration with developers and production
- Help team leadership triage bugs
- 3+ years in software testing
- 2+ years in a QA leadership role, building and leading teams
- Strong understanding of Jira and how to create custom workflows
- Experience testing on multiple platforms (console/PC)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in VR is a plus, but not required
- Has flexible hours for those with difficult commutes
- Is comfortable working with remote developers
- Is dog friendly