About the Job:
As our UE4 Designer / Scripter, your job will be to work with the team to help with narrative design and scripting for our upcoming VR project, Gnomes & Goblins. The right candidate will be multifaceted and self-motivated with shipped project experience under their belt and ready to come in and make an impact on our project.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to produce AAA quality work
- Have strong Unreal Engine (UE4) Blueprint skills
- Have worked with a cross-disciplinary team to implement a rich and immersive world
- Have a strong sense of timing and taste, as well as cinematic flair
- Are comfortable working independently without hand-holding, and able to take full ownership of your work from start to finish
- Game development experience with at least one shipped title (PC or Console)
- Scripting or programming languages experience
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts
- Ability to digest feedback, break that feedback into actionable tasks, and then quickly iterate in engine
- 3-5 years of professional experience as a designer for games, ideally as a scripter and designer.
- VR experience (Vive, Oculus, PSVR)
- Los Angeles based is desirable but not required
- Passion for narrative gameplay and design
- Enjoys diverse environment and new challenges
- Has flexible hours for those with difficult commutes
- Is comfortable working with remote developers
- Is dog friendly
***Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.