When it comes to creating mind blowing immersive experiences Wevr, a pioneering immersive entertainment studio, knows the game! With some of the top talent in the industry, not only do we work hard to create an environment that helps us attract top talent but we cultivate a culture with more opportunities for our team to continue to thrive.
We hire a mix of the best talent. From seasoned industry veterans to talented rising stars, our goal is to incorporate diversity that garners new perspectives and experiences. We love working with brave talent who thrive in navigating the waters of the ever evolving modern interactive entertainment world.
We have an exciting, groundbreaking, multiplayer, story driven VR project in the works. We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer with strong UE4 gameplay engineering experience.
About the Job
As our Gameplay Engineer your job will be to start working on a new, unannounced high profile project based on one of the foremost popular IPs in the world. The right candidate will be multifaceted and self-motivated with shipped project experience under their belt and is ready to come in and make an impact on our projects.
- Have design experience and implement new gameplay systems
- Have design experience and implement new gameplay tools
- Have worked with a cross disciplinary team to implement a rich immersive world
- Have educated a technical design team on how to use gameplay features
- Have actively contributed to a culture of collaboration and excellence
- Have a deep understanding of current gameplay techniques
- Experience in core areas of gameplay such as AI, character animation, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience with UE4 gameplay engineering
- Strong C++ knowledge with at least 5 years of professional experience
- Strong multiplayer development skills using UE4
- Production experience on large projects
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- VR experience is highly desirable
- Los Angeles based is desirable but not required
- Enjoys diverse environment and new challenges
- Has flexible hours for those with difficult commutes
- Is comfortable working with remote developers
- Is dog friendly
***Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.