When it comes to creating mind blowing immersive experiences Wevr, a pioneering immersive entertainment studio, knows the game! With some of the top talent in the industry, not only do we work hard to create an environment that helps us attract top talent but we cultivate a culture with more opportunities for our team to continue to thrive.
We hire a mix of the best talent. From seasoned industry veterans to talented rising stars, our goal is to incorporate diversity that garners new perspectives and experiences. We love working with brave talent who thrive in navigating the waters of the ever evolving modern interactive entertainment world.
We have an exciting, groundbreaking, multiplayer, story driven VR project in the works. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong UE4 experience.
About the Job
As our Senior Software Engineer your job will be to start working on a new, unannounced high profile project based on one of the foremost popular IPs in the world. The right candidate will be multifaceted and self-motivated with shipped project experience under their belt and is ready to come in and make an impact on our projects.
- Have participated in system design and planning to lay a solid technical foundation
- Have designed, implemented, and maintained features and systems
- Have collaborated with engineers and designers to craft a cutting-edge experience
- Have worked with team leads to estimate and scope work across the project
- Have Fixed bugs and perform optimizations
- Have actively contributed to a culture of collaboration and excellence
- 3-5 years of game industry experience developing in C++
- 3+ years experience on Unreal Engine 4
- Development experience on one or more current-generation AAA titles
- Strong debugging and optimization skills
- Strong multiplayer development skills
- Production experience on large projects
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- VR experience
- Leadership role on at least one major software project
- Los Angeles based is desirable but not required
- Enjoys diverse environment and new challenges
- Has flexible hours for those with difficult commutes
- Is comfortable working with remote developers
- Is dog friendly
***Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.