Video Producer and Editor
Do you get excited by seeing anything related to video creation and production? Does the idea of creating compelling marketing and tutorials videos with and for the leading cloud-based video editing solution for education and business peak your interest? Then we may have the perfect job for you at WeVideo. We are looking for in-house video producer/editor, in our Menlo Park, California office, to eat our own dogfood(Use our tools to create awesome marketing, sales, tutorials and support videos and more). You must be creative, resourceful and fluent in everything video - from story, to lighting, to shooting, to editing and final distribution. You will be expected to create weekly tutorials on how to use WeVideo for different marketing segments like business and education as well as create high impact marketing and sales videos for our website, social channels and events. We may even have you do live demos for events and broadcasts. Being the top cloud-based video solution and continually adding new and exciting features, we will escort you under the velvet rope in order to get your input and feedback on new features and workflows and much more prior to releasing them to the public. We are looking for that rare individual who is super passionate about using video to finding the best ways to put video creation tools in the hands of everybody. If you want to make a difference and love video, we want to hear from you.
- At least 5 years of experience as a video freelancer, or at a commercial production company, or internal corporate media production environment
- Strong understanding and knowledge of non-linear video and graphic production workflows and organization
- Effective skills in video production, motion graphics and photography
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Final Cut Pro)
- Strong storytelling and transitional skills
- Experience with industry leading cameras and audio equipment
- Strong understanding of the latest video compression techniques for web
- Must be highly motivated and action-oriented
- Must demonstrate strong and fluent editorial techniques through proper timing, pacing, organization, and command of music and sound editing
- Must have superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment with the capability to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work and communicate within a team structure while able to work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on details and quality
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, color correction and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Strong writing and editing skills necessary for development of creative concepts.
- Ability to communicate artistic concepts and software capability to all
- Ability to work hours as required and travel as required
WeVideo is a powerful, easy to use, cloud-based collaborative video creation platform that is the digital storytelling choice of more than 6,500 schools worldwide. With nearly 24 million accounts created to date, WeVideo is also the first choice of consumers and businesses, as well as the video backbone for many third-party solutions. WeVideo is a Google for Education partner and is the exclusive digital storytelling solution for Google’s Education Creative Bundle for Chromebooks. WeVideo is also a Microsoft Education Partner. Anyone can access WeVideo, from any computer or device at school, home, work, or on the go to capture, edit, view and share videos with secure storage of their content in the Cloud. For more information about WeVideo, please visit http://www.wevideo.com, follow us on Twitter at @wevideo or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/wevideo/
If you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, give us a shout in the form of a resume and portfolio/demo reel that clearly demonstrates your video, motion graphics, and audio work.