Job Title: SAS Administrator
Duration: 2 Months Contract to Direct Hire
Customer Domain: Wireless & Telecom
Location: Chicago, IL (Need local resource only)
Summary: Seeking a Senior level (10 – 15 years) SAS administrator with expertise in Advanced SAS 9.4 & SQL. Hands-on experience with SAS 9.4 Grid Implementation and / or other Enterprise SAS Products / other Analytics products, SAS Grid functionality, Backup and restore strategies. The SAS Platform Administrator/GRID Administrator provides operational enhancements, maintenance, installation and support of the SAS 9.4 platform in GRID Setup. This includes providing SAS platform security management, SAS application and underlying infrastructure support (OS, Storage, SAS 9.4 Applications, Web and Database) and ensuring processes are aligned with tactical and strategic information management initiatives.
- SAS product expertise - Administrative.
- SAS product expertise – General Product.
- Customer services & communication.
- Infrastructure (server and database) and network proficiency.
- Advanced SAS experience (SAS 9.4)
- Understanding of how to look into the SAS System, troubleshoot and make suggestions on how to approach things
- Installing Application (Install on desktop as well as install of server solution)
- Application Administrator experience
- Operational support vs. project work
Required Experience & Education (Mandatory):
- Experience with administration and tuning for SAS Grid Manager/SAS Platform Expertise in setup of queues, prioritization, manage jobs and thresholds
- Experience with troubleshooting and configuration of SAS Grid environment/components
- Experience Implementing, administering and supporting SAS Grid and / or other Enterprise SAS Products / other Analytics products.
- 5+ years of product implementation and administration of SAS BI, DI and Analytics.
- Provide all levels of technical and application support; incident management (Level 1, 2 and 3); address user, application and data issues.
- SAS Grid functionality - load balancing, resource management, setup of queues, prioritization, manage jobs and thresholds, Monitoring and troubleshooting SAS services, Installing and configuring SAS software, implementing hot fixes software patches and licenses - server and desktop based components and Troubleshooting SAS environments
- SAS Metadata Management - user management, defining libraries, setting permissions and access controls, creating metadata folder structures
- Backup and restore strategies
- Has gone through at least one full implementation cycle and supported SAS Grid post-install (at least 6 months)
Interview Process: Phone Interview followed by In-person Interview…