BGI Genomics provides a wide range of next generation sequencing services and a broad portfolio of genetic tests for medical institutions, research institutions and other public and private partners. BGI has particular strengths in prenatal screening, hereditary cancer screening, testing for rare disease and in aiding precision medicine research and initiatives. Currently BGI operates in more than 100 countries and regions and works with more than 3000 medical institutions and more than 300 hospitals.
We are looking for a General Manager who will be accountable for the overall direction and general management of all in-country multi-year business development initiatives.
- Lead responsibility for executing BGI strategies and plans in US;
- Lead the penetration and expansion of BGI into the US market, establish brand awareness of BGI into US;
- Develop/manage new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, alliances and relationship with local governments in US;
- Identify potential technologies and products for Merge & Acquisition, introduce new technologies and products, promote new business, and achieve the goals within budget to support the business development;
- Establish the local operation system which related linked with BGI financial, HR and property management aspects;
- Set up the innovation incubation center and explore the country model for the business landing;
- Make full use of local policies/strengths in human resource to build, manage and drive high performing teams in accordance with the strategies and plan.
- PhD degree in the field of biotechnology relevant fields with 10+years’ experience; or equivalent combination of 15+ years’ experience after Master degree in field;
- Work experience in the world’s 500 largest companies or equivalent experience is preferred;
- The prior industrial experience in health care, life science and medical field is preferred;
- Proven experience in scientific or strategic marketing/business development area in America;
- Proven experience in incubating/ starting-up a new business;
- Have ability to develop/maintain a good relationship with government bodies, commissions, partners, alliances, clients, etc.;
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing others;
- Excellent ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and the strategic implications of different business approaches;
- Must have proficient written, communication and presentation skills in English, ability to communicate in Chinese;
- Skilled communicator and presenter;
- Highly motivated & Performance oriented;
- Willingness and ability to travel.