XMotors.ai offers exciting opportunities for motivated artificial intelligence and machine learning researchers to join our newly built cutting-edge autonomous driving engineering team in Palo Alto, CA. These individual contributors will conduct research, develop algorithms and prototype software for XMotors test vehicles using state-of-the-art AI / ML techniques. They will contribute to AV strategy and produce innovative solutions for future autonomous vehicle perception, planning and behavior control functions. We are looking for researchers with expertise in one or more of the following areas.
- Reinforcement Learning
- Generative Adversarial Networks
- Agent-based Symbolic AI
- Deep Neural Networks with Memory
- Learning from Less Data and Building Smaller Network Models
- Optimizing Algorithms / Software on new Hardware Platforms for Training and Inference
- Building End-to-End Simulation and Synthesizing Training Data for AI Systems
- Application of AI / ML for AV Perception, Planning and Behavior Functions
- Work as an independent yet integral member of a team to develop innovative solutions for highly automated research vehicles with world leading experts in autonomous vehicles.
- Develop high quality C/C++ and/or Python code under Linux for PC and embedded platforms.
- Prototype, test and debug software on autonomous research vehicles.
- Plan and execute complex research and advance engineering projects.
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning and software programming.
- Generate intellectual property
- PhD or MS with 3+ years of experience in electrical engineering or computer science.
- Expert-level knowledge in one or more areas identified above.
- Hands-on algorithm development and implementation on hardware platforms
- Strong software development skills in C/C++ / Linux with a proven ability to deliver high quality code.
- Mathematically minded with experience in manipulating high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends with machine learning techniques.
- Develop requirements, evaluate and benchmark artificial intelligence technologies.
- Effective verbal/written communication along with strong interpersonal skill to work in a global cross-functional team environment.
- Background in mobile robotics, autonomous vehicles, DLNN architectures, Environmental perception, 3D modelling, AV planning and behaviors.
- Knowledge of data abstractions and non-linear mathematical and statistical modeling.
- Hands-on experience in any one/more of the following areas:
- GPU programming experience
- OpenCL, Python, OpenCV
- Caffe, TensorFlow