Our Client FMC is leading the next-generation technology innovation and integration for the global auto industry. With our broad talent base, we are building premium smart electric cars in China and shaping the future for automobiles globally. FMC is searching for talented, self-motivated logistics professionals to work in a free-thinking culture creating the next gen premium entry EVs with the highest autonomous technologies at our Santa Clara, CA facility.
We’re looking for an intrepid problem-solver Build Engineer to join our growing team:
A. Responsibilities (essential to the position)
1. Develop and deploy build and release automation workflows, using build-management tools such as Jenkins.
2. Pro-actively look for ways to improve and automate build processes.
3. Trace complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
4. Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes. Coordinate release activities with Project Managers, Q&A Lead and Development team to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
1. Industry background:
· 5+ years of experience as a Build and Release Engineer
· 2+ years of experience in building continuous integration pipelines
· Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycle, with particular emphasis on release engineering functions.
· Extensive experience with configuration management systems such as Chef or Puppet
· Experience in Android or Linux kernel build
· Strong record of innovation demonstrated through patents, papers or products
· Proven ability to articulate and advocate a vision for technology direction with customers and internal development teams
· An Agile practitioner
2. Knowledge and skills:
· Experience with UNIX environment and Unity 3D engine
· Proven scripting experience with Ruby/Python/Shell
· Experience with tools/frameworks such as GIT, Jenkins, Node.js
· Fluency in build scripting languages such as MAKE or CONS
· Ability to thrive working with complex software systems involving multi-platform development environment
· Desired experience: Developing embedded systems and/or Automotive
3. Education / Training:
· Bachelor in Automotive/Embedded Software/Computer Science/Systems Engineering with 5+ years of work experience
· Strong presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills; fun, outgoing and easy to work with
· Self-starter able to operate with minimal supervision to achieve objectives