In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started!About the team:
Our team recruits and curates the experience of partners like Google, Facebook, Intercom, Box, KPMG, Audi, CocaCola, and hundreds of others across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Hong Kong, and Collision in Toronto. The team works with leading companies to offer our attendees unique experiences, whether it’s an engaging activation on the conference floor, or an intimate networking dinner. What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll actively select, identify and foster relationships with the world’s leading companies, making partnerships with them for our events.
- You’ll contribute to the development of Web Summit's global expansion strategy, working as part of a close-knit team.
- You’ll focus on new partner acquisition, pipeline development and management, overseeing and maintaining an up-to-date database of attendees and partner prospects in Salesforce.
- You’ll partner with Fortune 500 founders and CXOs, covering a wide range of sectors, industries and geographies.
- You’ll collaborate with the growth team to create and implement new market entry/ lead-generation strategies.
- You’ll work closely with the business intelligence team, analysing sales funnel data to create small, but critical process improvements.
- You’ll create exciting, valuable proposals/solutions to highly innovative companies.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of full cycle sales experience and you have experience selling to Enterprise level companies.
- You're a brilliant sales person and a real people person.
- You’re a stellar individual contributor, who takes direction with ease and works well as part of a larger, close-knit team.
- You have a strong aptitude for business development. You love managing your own business portfolio and identifying new opportunities.
- You aim to quickly develop rapport, understand partner needs and deliver exceptional pitches.
- You’re naturally persuasive and can influence with little effort. You love coming up with creative and valuable ideas and solutions.
- You thrive in a learning culture. You love traveling the world and making long-lasting relationships.
- You take pride in what you do and you go above and beyond in delivering an exceptional experience to the people you deal with.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Proven success in new business acquisition/development strategies across multiple markets.
- Exceptional problem solving, planning, time-management and communication skills.
- Experience managing a complex product portfolio and/or consultancy background.
- Ability to understand the long-term “big picture” and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Know-how and proven experience in a complex sales environment with multiple channels, partnerships and end users.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.