In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team
The Web Summit Design team is responsible for the overall art direction and brand management of the company and the events portfolio. This innovative team works on anything and everything that needs a creative touch, including “identity creation” for a portfolio of brands (events) across Europe, US and Asia, identity creation and marketing collateral for a number of stages. The team also aids the product team in producing creative assets for websites, apps, ads and much more.
Whether it’s web, print, motion graphics or stage design, this team is tasked with generating fresh ideas that inspire and engage our attendees, partners and clients.
Who you are
- You love to develop and refine projects processes, clarifying roles and responsibilities to achieve optimum effectiveness
- You create clear and concise plans to execute projects effectively and to monitor their progress
- You’ve experience managing multiple projects at one time and prioritizing workload, ensuring all projects are completed according to time and budget
- You’ve experience delivering data-driven improvement using agile or lean techniques (DMAIC, PDCA etc)
- You’re a calm person who stays level-headed under pressure, appreciates the art of conflict management and loves a good challenge
- You are a master of time management – designing, monitoring and maintaining schedules ensuring all parties are held accountable to their commitments
- You’re flexible and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and pressurised environment, building and maintaining long-lasting relationships
What you will achieve at Web Summit
- You are a key liaison between the design team and all internal and external stakeholders, working to complete projects from brief through concept to delivery
- You’ll work across all media (Web, Print, Industrial, Video & Motion, Set Design) and be a hands-on and key part of the design team which creates content for conferences across several continents
- You’ll join a dynamic and ambitious team with an opportunity to make a mark in an international events company
- You maintain effective communication, keeping the design team and leadership team up-to-date with weekly status reports
- You monitor team performance and actively suggest team optimisation and efficiency
- You’ll identify areas of improvement, continuously improving every part of the design creation and delivery processes
- You’ll help manage the design budget for all events, coordinating with procurement, vendors and the internal finance team to prevent any serious variance in the forecast budget and to reconcile the final budget invoices.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for
- 5-8 years demonstrable project management experience
- One or more formal certification(s); Prince, PMI-PMP/ACP, Scrum, etc.
- Experience using PM tools and developing processes around their use
- Experience in managing third-party / vendors relationships (contractors, fabricators, printers, etc...)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must
- IT and numerical proficient; Google Docs, Excel, budgets etc.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise while paying strict attention to detail
- Ambition and an ability to work on own initiative to accomplish tasks
- Experience managing external vendors/suppliers is a plus
- Experience working with designers and understanding a creative process is a plus
Be healthy, curious and social
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.