*Please submit CV and cover letter in English*
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started!
About the team:
Our team recruits and curates the experience of partners from the brightest startups (such as Uber, Dropbox, Stripe & Airbnb in the past) to industry leaders like Google, Facebook, Intercom, Box, KPMG, Audi, CocaCola, and hundreds of others across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Asia, and Collision in North America.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll actively select, identify and foster relationships with the world’s leading companies, creating multi-year and multi-event partnerships with them
- You’ll contribute to the development of Web Summit's global expansion strategy, consistently suggesting new ideas and new ways of working.
- You’ll focus on new partner acquisition, pipeline development, and management, overseeing and maintaining an up-to-date database of attendees and partner prospects in Salesforce.
- You’ll take personal responsibility for your pipeline and target ensuring you have a healthy number of qualified leads and that they are constantly moving in a positive direction.
- You’ll partner with Fortune 500 founders and CXOs, covering a wide range of sectors, industries, and geographies.
- You’ll work closely with the lead generation team to create and implement new market entry/ lead-generation strategies.
- You’ll work closely with your Head of Business Development to identify innovative companies in emerging technology sectors that Web Summit should partner with.
- You’ll work closely with the business intelligence team, analysing sales funnel data to create small, but critical process improvements.
- You’ll create exciting, valuable proposals/solutions to highly innovative companies.
- You will constantly look at your book of business for trends that can be leveraged and conduct win/loss analysis on all of your opportunities.
Who you are:
- You're a brilliant salesperson and a real people person.
- You have proven experience in working in sales in a high growth B2B company over a minimum of 5 years.
- You’re a self-learner, are very comfortable with ambiguity, and have a deep interest in technology and how it can shape the future.
- You’re interested in world affairs and are a subject matter expert in a number of fields.
- You’re a stellar individual contributor, who needs little direction and works well as part of a larger, close-knit team.
- You’re generous with your time, naturally share your ideas, and genuinely interested in helping more junior colleagues develop.
- You have a strong proven aptitude for business development. You love managing your own business portfolio and identifying new opportunities.
- You naturally develop rapport, understand partner needs and deliver exceptional pitches.
- You’re persuasive and can influence with little effort. You love coming up with creative and valuable ideas and solutions and have a natural talent for selling concepts and ideas
- You have a deep understanding of brands, brand value and how you can add value to a partner’s brand.
- You thrive in a learning culture and have a deep intellectual curiosity.
- You love traveling the world and making long-lasting relationships.
- You take pride in what you do and you go above and beyond in delivering an exceptional experience to the people you deal with.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Proven success in new business acquisition/development strategies across multiple markets over several years.
- Exceptional problem solving, planning, time-management and communication skills.
- Deep experience in managing a complex product portfolio and/or consultancy background.
- Ability to understand the long-term “big picture” and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Know-how and proven experience in a complex sales environment with multiple channels, partnerships and end-users.
- Ability to multitask with ease, balancing immediate priorities with more medium and longer-term goals.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.