*Please submit CV and cover letter in English*
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started
About the team:
Our team recruits and curates the experience of partners like Google, Facebook, Intercom, Box, KPMG, Audi, CocaCola, and hundreds of others across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Hong Kong, and Collision in Toronto. The team works with leading companies to offer our attendees unique experiences, whether it’s an engaging activation on the conference floor or an intimate networking dinner.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You'll coach, develop, lead and support a team of Partnership Executives as they target the biggest brands around the world.
- As well as coaching others, you’ll also actively select, identify and foster relationships with the world’s leading companies, leading from the front in making partnerships with them for our events.
- You will travel to close deals face to face.
- You’ll contribute to the development of Web Summit's global expansion strategy, fostering collaboration across this close-knit team.
- You’ll develop strategies and best practice approaches for new partner acquisition, pipeline development and management - overseeing and maintaining an up-to-date database of attendees and partner prospects in Salesforce.
- You will support your team in partnering with Fortune 500 founders and CXOs covering a wide range of sectors, industries and geographies.
- You'll work cross-functionally with our growth team to create and implement new market entry/ lead-generation strategies.
- You’ll work closely with the business intelligence team, analysing sales funnel data to create small but critical process improvements.
- You’ll create exciting, valuable proposals/solutions to highly innovative companies.
Who you are:
- You have at least 5 years of sales management experience in inside sales, sponsorship or media sales.
- You have sold to and managed relationships with large corporate clients.
- You’re a stellar sales coach, who invest time in developing others to enhance their strength and address their development areas.
- You have a strong aptitude for business development, leading from the front. You love balancing your own business portfolio and supporting your team in identifying new opportunities.
- You aim to quickly understand the needs of your team in quantifying and qualifying their partner needs and coaching them on delivering exceptional pitches.
- You've got a natural ability to listen to the individuals on your team as use your observations to manage up and down in equal measure. You love coming up with creative and valuable ideas and solutions.
- You thrive in a learning culture. You love traveling the world and supporting a team who aims to make long-lasting relationships.
- You take pride in what you do and you go above and beyond in driving an ambitious team forward, delivering exceptional experiences to the people you and they deal with.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Proven success in leading sales teams in new business acquisition/development strategies across multiple markets.
- You love investing time in coaching others, developing their tactics, strategies, soft skills and working practices to become more effective in how they target a market, approach CXO level prospects and close complex deals.
- Exceptional problem solving, planning, time-management and communication skills.
- Experience managing sales teams who have sold a complex product portfolio.
- Ability to understand the long-term “big picture” and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Know-how and proven experience in a complex sales environment with multiple channels, partnerships and end users.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals, plus subsidised lunches.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.