*Please submit CV and cover letter in English*
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started!
About the team:
Web Summit Live Events Team is central to creating world-class attendee experience on a global scale. Designers, event coordinators, producers, stage managers and many others work hand in hand to produce all elements from stages to exhibitions through to live operations and attendee experience for our events round the world.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- As an event production manager, you'll be responsible for bringing the event to life and delivering an amazing experience to all attendees.
- You'll be managing part of the production team, engaging with suppliers, department heads, operators, freelance staff and key event personnel, ensuring that all technical aspects of the event is run flawlessly.
- You’ll find technical solutions to creative design
- You’ll also manage budgets, including keeping accurate and extensive records of all production expenditure and work with our procurement team to get best value.
- You’ll create and run technical production schedules, with all suppliers and key departments.
- You’ll liaise with and maintain regular and clear communication channels with interrelated internal departments and team leads.
- You’ll communicate courteously with clients and external parties.
- You’ll own timeline development as part of project management.
Who you are:
- You’re an experienced event production manager with strong attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills.
- You have extensive knowledge of the technical aspects of events and stage production including, rigging, AV, broadcast, lighting and staging
- You have extensive experience working with technical suppliers, freelance personal and operators
- Your experience includes drafting detailed technical specs for tender and procurement
- You have experience in drawing event layouts and technical production plans
- You are open to bringing your experience to find creative and technical solutions
- You excel under pressure and are confident in handling change and decision making.
- You deal with confidential matters in a professional manner, whilst respecting and upholding professional integrity at all times.
- You’re confident, friendly and professional, with keen interpersonal intelligence.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with strong performance is preferred.
- Minimum five years proven experience in an event production manager related capacity.
- Experience with either AutoCAD or Vectorworks
- Experience with Excel and Google Docs
- Strong administrative skills and an ability to meet tight and moving deadlines.
- Ambition and an ability to work on own initiative to accomplish tasks.
- Focus on effective cost control for budgets.
- Numeracy and strong analytical skills.
- Experience in budgeting large-scale productions and special events.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals, plus subsidised lunches.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.