In the words of Inc Magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of over 200 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team
The Web Summit Design team is responsible for the overall art direction and brand management of the company and the events portfolio. At the core of the team is creating clear, functional and purpose-driven wayfinding systems across our global network of events. Ensuring that our attendees have a frictionless wayfinding experience at our event is at the core of what we do.
As a part of this team, you will work collaboratively with our in house production team to strive towards the successful wayfinding outcomes at our events.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit
- You’ll join a dynamic and ambitious team with an opportunity to make a mark in an international events company
- You’ll see your work in front of audiences of technology leaders
- You’ll work specifically in print and digital outputs and be a hands-on and credible part of the design team which creates incredible wayfinding experiences for conferences across several continents
- You’ll find and present creative solutions while working on multiple events across multiple countries simultaneously
Who you are
- Being highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is a must.
- A high level of understanding of wayfinding strategies is a must.
- Proven track record working in high-pressure, deadline-driven design environments.
- You’re a designer who is able to come up with fresh but functional wayfinding ideas, concept-test them and produce amazing results.
- You care deeply about the quality of the designs you produce and constantly worry about getting the right solution.
- You love working with a team that you can positively influence by recognising opportunities to improve team processes
- You’re incredibly detail-oriented, always making sure nothing falls through the cracks
- You’re passionate about design, both past and present, and are always thinking beyond minimum viable products to lasting statements of creative intent
- You’ve experience designing, presenting, and delivering wayfinding strategy to key stakeholders/clients
- You understand the importance of both data and research and enjoy bringing them into your decision-making and design processes.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for
- 10+ years of design experience working either in a design house or event related business
- Portfolio of work required: needs to be submitted with your application without breaching NDA of current or previous roles
- Comfortable working under pressure amending design in tight timeframes
- You’re organised and meticulous and capable of re-prioritising as required
- You demonstrate an ability to produce incredibly functional wayfinding systems
- Show us, not only your work but the thought and meaning you put into it. Not only should you be able to tell us the “how” of a project but the “why” behind each decision!
A real plus if you have
- International wayfinding design experience in an agency or events company
- Have a work portfolio to share on application
- Be an expert in InDesign & Illustrator
Be healthy, curious and social
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.