In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started
About the team:
Our Speaker team plays a central part in every event we produce and gives a vision for our events through its choice of Speakers and selection of agenda-setting content. They ensure people like Al Gore, Elon Musk, Prof. Stephen Hawking, Margrethe Vestager and Jack Dorsey speak at our events. You will be the point of contact for our speakers and will ensure a seamless experience during and after our events.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll act as an internal point-of-contact, improving processes and workflows that result in an excellent event experience for our Speakers
- You will manage all logistics and scheduling for Speakers attending our events
- You’ll travel the globe to our international events to ensure the on the ground execution of requirements
- You’ll liaise with other teams and ensure clear communication channels exist
- You’ll foster relationships with some of the most innovative business people in the world
- You’ll become a super-efficient multitasker
Who you are:
- You’re a natural collaborator who excels as part of a team working towards stellar client experiences
- You’re a natural people person and have keen attention to detail
- You’re exceptionally organised with strong administrative skills
- You’re self motivated with a passion for making things happen
- You can solve problems and have the ability to think on your feet
- You can take direction and can work off your own initiative
- You deal with confidential matters in a professional manner, whilst respecting and upholding professional integrity at all times
- You’re able to adapt to changing needs and take up new tasks with little supervision
- You're a quick learner and can grasp the intricacies of complex relationships easily
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a relationship management/ account management or a customer service role
- Proficiency in excel, word and powerpoint
- Excellent customer service skills and an eye for detail
- Exceptional planning, scheduling and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and take up new tasks with little supervision
- Strong administrative skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Self motivated multitasker with an ability to work on your own initiative to accomplish tasks
- Ease and comfort in talking to any audience
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite talks, training initiatives and a Coursera account for everyone!
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.