In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople, and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
And we’re just getting started.
About the team:
The content marketing team communicates with our attendees and draws them to our events around the world. The team sits within the company’s wider marketing function including a copywriting team. We’re looking for someone to edit and publish our written content to high standards to ensure the best possible reader experience.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll edit, rewrite and elevate compelling content for our websites, sales collateral, emails, social media, blogs and more.
- You will work alongside our copywriters to ensure all content is published free of mistakes and adheres to our editorial guidelines, company tone and style guide.
- You’ll balance multiple priorities at a time, conceptualising and developing ideas and messages around business and marketing objectives
- You’ll review, proof and optimise outbound communication across all company platforms
- You’ll be a copy editor for several teams across the business, including our partnerships and speakers teams
- You’ll rise to challenging briefs and work closely with our design team to develop engaging campaigns
- You’ll be listened to. No matter how crazy your ideas seem!
Who you are:
- At least 10 years’ experience in media and/or publishing as an editor.
- You can edit clear, persuasive, original copy. You’re an excellent communicator with an eye for detail.
- You are comfortable making fast, independent decisions and possess a well-honed sense of urgency.
- You are versatile and have the ability to handle multiple pieces of copy and responsibilities across platforms calmly and efficiently and to the highest standard.
- You’re invested in developing captivating content, finding new ways to engage with your audience and capture their interest.
- Experience with WordPress
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Outstanding writing and grammar.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced and varied business environment where flexibility is a must and direction can change quickly.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy our private garden right outside the office, complete with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks, and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.