In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of over 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more. Our headquarters are based in Dublin and we have offices in London, Lisbon, Toronto and Hong Kong.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading global events software company who is going through a game-changing period of growth. Working within a well established, growing finance team your role will be varied and will offer great opportunity for learning and professional development. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to make the move from practice into industry.
As Financial Accountant, you will be a key player in improving the group’s financial effectiveness along with providing valuable insight across a wide range of commercial decisions. We are looking for a driven, high-energy individual who can operate in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing their function. You will report directly to the Finance Reporting and Tax manager and work closely with the FC & CFO. The role will form a key member of our team and will play a crucial part in designing & building out Web Summit’s finance roadmap.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You will play a lead role in developing and implementing the month end process, driving for improvements in the monthly management accounts reporting pack.
- Responsible for all revenue and cost recognition in line with company policy.
- Perform monthly balance sheet and profit & loss reconciliations explaining variances.
Controls & Process improvement
- Work closely with senior team members to continuously improve processes.
- Establish and develop internal control procedures.
- Work on process improvements ensuring appropriate controls are in place and processes are fully documented.
- Review & sign off of controls testing completed by Finance
- Review of month end workings prepared by accounting operations team.
Financial and Tax Reporting
- You will be responsible for the preparation and filing of various statutory returns across multiple jurisdictions such as VAT, PAYE, CT and others.
- Point of contact for external advisors & revenue commissioners.
- Perform R&D tax credit calculations based on qualifying R&D projects.
- Planning and coordination of the statutory audits for International entities
- Liaising with auditors and service providers to ensure audit completed on time to budget with no overages
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Keep abreast of technical updates and new accounting requirements in both IFRS and Local GAAP
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Continuously strive to improve how we operate through streamlining processes or eliminating inefficiencies
- Interpersonal skills and collaboration – ability to build lasting relationships across all levels of the organisation and work well with others across the business
- Strategic capability – the ability to understand the future needs from your team within the business and build the team to ensure this need will be met.
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA Qualified professional recently qualified.
- Excellent academics and work ethic
- Advanced excel and Microsoft office skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to take on tasks outside area of assigned responsibility.
- Strong attention to detail
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.