In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team:
We’re looking for an experienced producer to join the high-performing Speakers
team. This team plays a central part of every event that we do, and gives a vision for our events through its choice of Speakers and selection of agenda-setting content. They ensure people like Al Gore, Elon Musk, Prof. Stephen Hawking, Margrethe Vestager and Jack Dorsey speak at our events. In practice, this means that they are able to identify the most relevant topics to discuss on a wide range of content stages and select and obtain the best Speakers in the world to come speak at our events.
Not accepting “good” Speakers but only acquiring “great” Speakers is a central creed of this team.
What you’ll achieve:
- You’ll produce the editorial content for individual stages at events ensuring that we are consistently featuring the best speakers for each content stage.
- You’ll become an expert in specific content areas and develop relationships with influential figures within these industries.
- Over time you will lead events, being the central point of contact for that event and working with other Speakers team members to ensure a consistently high calibre of speakers on all event stages.
- You will naturally be a quick learner and will share with other members of the Speakers team your learnings and research.
- You’ll work with your Team Lead in drawing up an editorial subject list to cover on your stages.
- You will work with our Media team to identify and help secure newsworthy moments that would be of interest to the international media attending our events.
- You’ll acquire high-calibre speakers and be confident in your dealings with them and their communication teams.
- You will work closely with the Speakers fulfilment team to ensure that Speakers experience in the lead-up and during events is optimal.
- You will work closely with Live Events Team during events ensuring that stage content is executed as planned and you will be decisive dealing with last minute changes.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced storyteller who is able to deliver onstage content from the concept development stage through to execution.
- You have team management and production experience in any of print, TV, radio, web or PR.
- You care deeply about storytelling and have an instinct in identifying the most interesting stories and ensuring that these stories are delivered as part of the programme.
- You are someone who is driven and relentlessly looking to improve.
- You understand how technology is changing the world and are passionate about finding interesting ways of showcasing this at events.
- You actively drive change as you’re able to influence your peers, clients and superiors with little effort.
- You are confident in your abilities to deal with communications teams and Speakers over the phone and in person.
- You’re ambitious and want to help shape the agenda that can have a worldwide impact.
- You’re organised, confident and a risk-taker.
- You’re a team player and someone who can lead by example.
- You are competitive and enjoy selling an idea to someone - ideally you have some sales experience.
- You’re incredibly detail-oriented, always making sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- 8/10 is a failure in your eyes.
- You’ve a great sense of humour and enjoy challenging work.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Know your market - You already have a good knowledge of and extensive contacts among leading tech influencers.
- Sharp editorial sense - You identify the most relevant issues for our audience.
- Salesperson - You convince top names to speak at our events.
- Quick learner - You’re able to get updated on new subject areas quickly and identify key issues and target Speakers.
- Tech Knowledge - You understand and can give examples of how technology is fundamentally changing the world and you have a working knowledge of the tech industry.
- Ambitious - You are driven to improve and you will never settle for second best.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite talks, training initiatives and a Coursera account for everyone!
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.