In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started
About the team:
Imagine talking to the world's leading startups every day. We work with some of the planet's brightest stars including Uber, Dropbox, Stripe, Airbnb and many more. Talking to these incredible startups is exactly what our Startups Advisors do. You will be talking to entrepreneurs, learning about their businesses, and understanding how we can help them meet investors, media, partners, customers and more. In short, you'll decide which of the world's best startups will attend Web Summit and our other events like Collision and RISE.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You'll attract and sell our Startups packages to the worlds most exciting Startups.
- You'll learn about new industries, business models, technologies and more from speaking with the CEOs and founders of the world's fastest-growing companies on a daily basis.
- You’ll learn from an incredible team around you at both a leadership and peer-to-peer level.
- You’ll develop your collaboration skills by working with other teams across the business.
- You’ll have the opportunity to focus your qualifications, skills and interests long term across different business functions such as sales, growth, operations, or maybe live events. The projects are endless.
Who you are:
- You enjoy a learning culture, you like sharing ideas and you love to talk! Yes, talk – you’ll be doing a lot of that!
- You're a passionate person. Whether your passion is for analytics, processes, building relationships or acquiring new clients, we have a place for you.
- You are an analytical thinker with an interest in account management and business development, but above all you are a people's person.
- You’re inventive and always keen to try new things. In fact, you believe that nothing can ever be perfect, and that testing and experimentation is always important. Just like us!
- You are driven, ambitious and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You've recently graduated, maybe travelled the world, and realised that working with people is what you want.
- You think technology will change the world and you can’t stop talking about it.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree qualification. Ideal subject areas include; business information systems, e-business, international business studies, e-commerce, business analytics, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Great communication skills in English, especially on the phone, as well as the ability to engage any audience.
- A genuine willingness to learn and drive to succeed in your career.
- Having a rounded and engaged interest in the startup ecosystem is a big advantage.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite talks, training initiatives and a Coursera account for everyone!
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.