In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started
About the team:
Our team recruits and curates the experience of small-medium sized organisations to become exhibitors across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Hong Kong and Collision in Toronto. The team works with Head's of Marketing/CMO's/CEO's of SMB's from around the world to offer unique experiences, whether it’s an engaging activation on the conference floor, or an intimate networking dinner.
This role will be based in our Toronto shared office space location as a contractor to Web Summit Services Ltd.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll actively select, identify and foster relationships with the world’s leading companies, making partnerships with them for our events with a focus on our Collision event now based in Toronto, Canada.
- You’ll contribute to the development of Web Summit's global expansion strategy, working as part of a close-knit team.
- You’ll focus on new partner acquisition, pipeline development and management, overseeing and maintaining an up-to-date database of attendees and partner prospects in Salesforce.
- You’ll partner with Fortune 500 founders and CXOs, covering a wide range of sectors, industries and geographies.
- You’ll collaborate with the growth team to create and implement new market entry/ lead-generation strategies.
- You’ll work closely with the business intelligence team, analysing sales funnel data to create small, but critical process improvements.
- You’ll create exciting, valuable proposals/solutions to highly innovative companies.
- You are open to working with us on a contractor basis via our contractor management partner.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years success in new business acquisition/development strategies across the North American region.
- Exceptional problem solving, planning, time-management and communication skills.
- Experience managing a complex product portfolio and/or consultancy background.
- Ability to understand the long-term “big picture” and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Know-how and proven experience in a complex sales environment with multiple channels, partnerships and end users.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Subsided healthcare
- Master new skills from those around you with training initiatives and a Coursera account for everyone!
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.