In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started!
About the team:
Our team recruits and curates the experience of partners from the brightest startups (such as Uber, Dropbox, Stripe & Airbnb in the past) to industry leaders like Google, Facebook, Intercom, Box, KPMG, Audi, CocaCola, and hundreds of others across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Asia, and Collision in North America.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll actively select, identify and foster relationships with the world’s leading companies, making partnerships with them for our events.
- You'll learn about new industries, business models, technologies and more from speaking with the CEOs and founders of the world's fastest-growing companies on a daily basis.
- You’ll contribute to the development of Web Summit's global expansion strategy, working as part of a close-knit team.
- You’ll focus on new partner acquisition, pipeline development and management, overseeing and maintaining an up-to-date database of attendees and partner prospects in Salesforce.
- You’ll partner with Fortune 500 founders and CXOs, covering a wide range of sectors, industries, and geographies.
- You’ll collaborate with the lead generation team to create and implement new market entry/ lead-generation strategies.
- You’ll work closely with your Head of Business Development to identify innovative companies in emerging technology sectors that Web Summit should partner with.
- You’ll work closely with the business intelligence team, analysing sales funnel data to create small, but critical process improvements.
- You’ll create exciting, valuable proposals/solutions to highly innovative companies.
Who you are:
- You're a brilliant salesperson and a real people person.
- You have proven experience in working in a high growth B2B company over multiple years.
- You’re a self-learner, are comfortable with ambiguity, and are particularly interested in technology and how it can shape the future. And you can’t stop talking about it.
- You’re interested in world affairs and are a subject matter expert in a particular field.
- You’re a stellar individual contributor, who takes direction with ease and works well as part of a larger, close-knit team.
- You have a strong aptitude for business development. You love managing your own business portfolio and identifying new opportunities.
- You aim to quickly develop rapport, understand partner needs and deliver exceptional pitches.
- You’re naturally persuasive and can influence with little effort. You love coming up with creative and valuable ideas and solutions and have a natural talent for selling concepts and ideas
- You're a passionate person. Whether your passion is for analytics, processes, building relationships or acquiring new clients, we have a place for you.
- You understand brands
- You thrive in a learning culture and are naturally curious.
- You love traveling the world and making long-lasting relationships.
- You take pride in what you do and you go above and beyond in delivering an exceptional experience to the people you deal with.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Proven success in new business acquisition/development strategies across multiple markets.
- Exceptional problem solving, planning, time-management and communication skills.
- Experience managing a complex product portfolio and/or consultancy background.
- Ability to understand the long-term “big picture” and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Know-how and proven experience in a complex sales environment with multiple channels, partnerships and end-users.
- Great communication skills in English, especially on the phone, as well as the ability to engage any audience.
- A genuine willingness to learn and drive to succeed in your career.
- Having a rounded and engaged interest in the startup ecosystem is a big advantage.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.