Clearance Level Needed:
Secret - TS/SCI Category:
Washington DC Metro Area Cyber Security Engineer
Customer is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to ensure the development, deployment, operations, and support of information systems are consistent with customer security policies and procedures. The Cyber Security Engineer may work alone or in a team of Information System Security Officers responsible for the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) of program systems.
Cyber Security Engineers are also responsible for identifying and mitigating systems vulnerabilities, and providing technical security analysis on all security related matters. Desired:
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience crafting and creating new security related policies, procedures, and standards for the customer in an environment where no documentation has ever existed and influencing change to resistive customers.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience driving requirements with the Engineering team's input to develop a secure architecture. This will include, applying security systems concepts, requirements, design development, implementation, and/or integration to information systems.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Tenable Nessus, McAfee Endpoint Encryption, and other vulnerability assessment tools (hands on experience) to analyze the Information Systems environment, provide technical evaluations, and identify cyber security related vulnerabilities, threats, and risks.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience identifying and applying the appropriate level of remediation to security vulnerabilities while employing risk management methodologies consistent with program standards.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience leading security related project implementations and upgrades. This includes performing all project management responsibilities, such as leading a team though the project life cycle, following the program's processes, and creating all required documentation.
6. Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering. https://www.warcollar.com/docs/Cyber%20Security%20Engineer.pdf