Reporting to the Senior Photographer, the Junior Photographer is responsible for maintaining daily product photography in a fast paced, high volume production studio. This new role is expected to work alongside the Senior Photographer in shooting and styling for daily shoots. The candidate will be expected to shoot high volume and high-quality images that ultimately will be used in a variety of placements. While this is a collaborative role, this role will also work independently of the Senior Photographer.
Wantable will supply top tier equipment, lighting, and a clean and fun photo studio. The right candidate should bring an eagerness to produce, a positive attitude, and flexibility to work on multiple projects at once.
- Photograph a variety of products including apparel and accessories.
- Prepare items to be photographed, including (but not limited to) stuffing items, tying strings, steaming garments, and dressing mannequins.
- Adhere to the Wantable shooting standards and styling guidelines in order to keep all images streamlined and consistent between photographs.
- Organize image files and coordinate image transfers to the Designer in LA.
- Utilize and maintain provided studio equipment, including cameras, lighting systems, camera stands, and background stands. Work with other team members to breakdown and set up when needed.
- Prepare sets and Lighting following Senior Photographer's direction.
- Maintain proper inventory of Studio essentials.
- Direct models, PA's, Stylists, and Hair/Make Up Artists on set as needed.
- Pack and maintain organization of Studio Equipment in the Studio and On Location.
- Maintain studio organization system on a daily basis. Move completed inventory to designated locations and keep the studios tidy when finished shooting.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 1 year of product photography and studio lighting experience required.
- 1-2 years professional photography required. In depth knowledge of Canon 5D DSLR.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of various lenses and how one lens would be preferred over another depending on the desired type of shot.
- Ability to shoot in studio and on Location.
- Experience with women’s fashion is preferred.
- Knowledge of latest Photoshop AND Premiere.
- Strong Color Correction and Matching skills.
- Video Production experience preferred.
- Capture One knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of asset management.
- Collaboration: Be able to work with multiple project stakeholders on various video and photography capacities.
- Problem solving: Able to understand the problem and find a solution through logic.
- Business acumen: Ability to digest institutional knowledge and gather the primary objective of the company and how to add value to meet the objective.