ABOUT WALLA WALLA FOUNDRY
Walla Walla Foundry is one of the largest fine art fabricators in the world. Originally founded in 1980 as a bronze casting foundry, it now employs close to 100 people and produces work in a range of materials and through multiple processes. The foundry casts in various alloys, including bronze, aluminum, copper, brass, stainless steel and silver. It also produces work in wood, resin, glass and wax. It houses an advanced technological infrastructure encompassing a digital design and modeling department, three high resolution five axis CNC machines, Printing, 3D scanning, and high precision water jet cutting services. Information about the Foundry is available at www.wallawallafoundry.com.
ABOUT INDUSTRIAL HVAC TECHNICIAN POSITION
Under general supervision, perform a wide variety of preventative/scheduled maintenance, installation and repair work on Foundry equipment and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on gas-powered industrial equipment such as HVAC systems, Kiln Burner Systems, Air Handlers and Dust Collection Systems equipped with VFD and PLC control systems
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on high volt and low volt, 3phase and single-phase equipment and control systems
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on motors, bearings, building lighting, overhead cranes, metal-pouring induction furnace equipment, overhead doors, hydraulic systems, and sand-casting equipment
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests
- Assist and supports other general maintenance facility needs such as cleaning equipment, vehicles, gutters, replacing light bulbs and filters as needed
- Assists carpentry related job tasks in crating or other departments, as back up or as needed
- Operate material moving equipment (forklifts, scissor lift etc.)
- Follow all safety and health policies and procedures, including wearing required PPE and keeping safety as a key element when planning and/or executing work.
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- High school graduate, or equivalent. Technical degree in HVAC or Electrical with minimum 3 years industrial HVAC experience/other related field OR equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Knowledge and experience should include:
- Start-up control and Interlock control systems
- How to use all ranges of a voltmeter and how to detect voltage drops
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work both independently, with limited supervision, and as a team member to complete daily activities.
- Maintain the mental and physical flexibility to work comfortably with regularly changing work priorities.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English well enough to accurately follow detailed written procedures and work instructions as well as record and review data; clearly document your work, and talk with fellow workers and managers.
- Strong sense of urgency to work effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Comfortable with and able to learn new technology and programs including ipads, navigating on the web or through apps and reading/responding to email.
- May drive Foundry vehicles for work which requires a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical demands include the ability to stand, bend and twist over long periods of time, and engage in repetitive motions of feet, arms and hands. Must be able to work at heights, including climbing ladders and working from scaffolding and/or lifts. Must be able to kneel, bend and work in small spaces. Must have the ability to push/pull, lift and carry up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Use a lift assist or assistance from co-workers when lifting over 50 lbs. Must be able to push/pull a weight of 60lbs. Must have grip strength of at least 50 lbs.
Environmental conditions can be loud, dusty and/or smoky. Temperatures can swing with the weather from very cold to very hot. PPE required and worn daily—ear protection, safety glasses/goggles, face masks/shields, full respirators, protective clothing, sturdy boots.
Regular Foundry working hours are 7 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Overtime work often available, which includes an earlier start and/or weekend work. In general, meal break is 30 minutes; 15-minute breaks every two hours worked. The successful candidate must be able to pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.
WAGE AND BENEFITS
Walla Walla Foundry benefits include a generous health/dental/vision care package (health insurance paid 100% by the Foundry for employee, 50% for dependents), 401(k) Plan with employer retirement match, Short and Long-Term Disability Plans, and paid time off. This is a non-exempt/hourly position, eligible for OT. Hourly rate DOE.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the online application through the link below to attach your resume (required). Introductory letter is optional but highly encouraged.
The Walla Walla Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, political ideology, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.