ABOUT WALLA WALLA FOUNDRY
Walla Walla Foundry is one of the largest fine art fabricators in the world. Originally founded in 1980 as a bronze casting foundry, it now employs 110 people and produces work in a range of materials and through multiple processes. The foundry casts in various alloys, including bronze, aluminum, copper, brass, stainless steel and silver. It also produces work in wood, resin, glass and wax. It houses an advanced technological infrastructure encompassing a digital design and modeling department, three high resolution five axis CNC machines, a seven axis carving robot, 3D Printing, 3D scanning, and high precision water jet cutting services.
ABOUT THE JOB
Walla Walla Foundry seeks a full-time Project Management Assistant to engage and assist in all aspects of Foundry project execution. This position includes daily engagement in shop activities to aid in tracking project process and document technical operations, as well as executing client approval images of all finished projects. In addition, this position will aid in the creation of installation manuals and technical documents, as well as assisting in coordination of all on-site Foundry installs.
- Proactively engage and understand the Foundry production process.
- Work with shop staff to track technical details such as weights, measurements, or unique processes through the use of both photographs and written documents.
- Update and maintain images on Foundry proprietary project tracking software, including uploading final images and creating photoshopped reference maps for use by all departments.
- Executes finish photography of all projects for final client approval.
- Create documents to use in communications with clients.
- Execute photographs illustrating sculpture installation procedures.
- Creation of accurate and timely install manuals, able to be used and referenced by both Foundry technicians and clients.
- Assist in coordination of installation teams and site equipment.
- Assist in research of products, processes, or vendors, as needed.
- Maintain and ensures extreme care around high-value finished items.
REQUIRED/DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ year experience (including Photoshop experience) in artist studio, fabrication facility, arts administration, photography, Registrar position or other related field; OR equivalent combination of education/experience
- Expertise with DSLR cameras, exposure bracketing, in-camera composition, and color balancing.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe suite, with heavy emphasis on inDesign and Photoshop.
- Excellent photo editing skills through use of Bridge, Lightroom, and Camera RAW.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, with willingness to arrive early or stay late to observe important moments in production.
- Ability to troubleshoot and negotiate or problem solve complex situations
- Must thrive in fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Ability to adapt to constantly shifting directives and priorities and respond to requests with appropriate urgency
- Comfortable working in industrial settings (loud noises, proximity to heavy machinery and power tools)
- Ability to work with tape measures and laser levels to produce accurate final measurements.
- Willingness to operate forklifts and/or pallet jacks. (The Foundry will provide training to achieve certification).
Physical demands include the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, stoop and kneel. Must be able to work at heights, including climbing ladders and or working from scaffolding and/or lifts. Ability to lift objects, up to 50 pounds.
WAGE AND BENEFITS
Position is onsite, at Walla Walla Foundry. Foundry’s normal business hours are 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM Monday – Friday. Occasional weekend or overtime work too, as project deadlines require. Walla Walla Foundry benefits include a generous health/dental/vision care package (health insurance paid 100% by the Foundry for employee, 50% for dependents), 401(k) Plan with employer retirement match, Short and Long-Term Disability Plans, and paid time off. Starting Wage: $16-20/hour D.O.E.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the online application through the link to attach 1) resume and 2) Photography/Photoshop examples: minimum two examples of unedited and retouched photos. Photography portfolio and cover letter is optional, but encouraged.
The Walla Walla Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, political ideology, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.