At Juvo we are obsessed with changing the workers' compensation industry by delivering best in class service and amazing results. Our clients count on us to be an extension of them and we care deeply about their objectives. We are a statewide provider of cost effective and streamlined settlement solutions serving the Third Party Administrators, employers and insurance companies that handle workers’ compensation claims.
As a small company, Juvo provides an outstanding opportunity to develop entrepreneurial leadership skills in a results-based environment where every contribution has a visible impact on the bottom line. Now in our 6th consecutive year of double-digit growth, Juvo delivers a robust, unique service line and business model with proven success in the market. We’re in a unique position to enhance and extend our services nationwide, which is why we are looking for talented people to expand our awesome team!
A Brief Snapshot of the Role
The part-time Office Assistant must be a detail oriented and organizational superstar who will help run the daily administrative operations of the company! You’ll provide support to each department, and must be able to juggle multiple tasks and duties. It is important that you are comfortable working while paying acute attention to detail as well as vocalizing new and effective ways to achieve better results. We love problem solvers!
- Provide secretarial and legal administrative support across all departments
- File proof of services
- Check and organize regular mail and email
- Phone Calls to clients, lien claimants and vendors
- Invoice follow up
- Running errands to the Workers Compensation Appeals Board
- Organizing and logging data into Google Suite.
- Participate in special projects assigned by management.
- Becoming the best in the industry at what you do.
Who are you?
Juvonian [noun | employee of Juvo]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective | not afraid of anything]. A role at Juvo is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We are trying to change an industry. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize work assignments, organize duties, and be flexible.
- Experience with EAMS
- Must exercise good judgement and discreetly handle confidential matters.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ninja like skills on the computer. We have many different systems and tools to get our job done. If you struggle with technology & change you will not like it here.
- Above average typing skills…at least 35 wpm.
- Love of being a helpful resource for people.
- A very, very, high sense of urgency, multitasking skills and speed. Our clients expect things to be done like yesterday and are not fans of lame excuses.
- The flexibility of a circus contortionist… well, when it comes to your availability to work that is and the multiple hats you will wear.
- Workers' compensation experience. Not a requirement but it helps for sure. Learning workers compensation is a challenge and requires you to put in a lot of study time to get up to speed.
- Team first attitude. We are a small company therefore what you do or don't do will have a huge impact on the team. We expect everyone to care and prioritize the goals and objectives of the team.
How to earn bonus points (any one of these things may get you extra kudos from us)
- Administrative assistant experience is a plus, preferably with some experience working in a legal environment
- You have relevant workers' compensation experience and/or certification/designations.
- Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for helping others and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Company Perks & Culture
Company culture is a huge priority for us. We hire fun-loving, driven individuals who like to innovate with their team, deliver what the client needs and bring the heat. We believe in creating a supportive and collaborative environment.
- A gorgeous office space in San Pedro
- Unlimited coffee in the office!
- Company sponsored lunches, and outings.
- No dress code! Unless you are visiting a client, there is almost never a reason to dress up.
- The ability to create your own growth path.
- Opportunity to get in early to build an industry changing organization, be an essential part of shaping the future of the company, and opportunity to work side by side with the owners of the company.
- Your voice is heard! It is actually are a requirement at Juvo for staff to provide feedback and ideas on all aspects of the business.
Please refrain from calling the office about the details of this position.