Bookkeeping Office Assistant
At Juvo, everything we do is driven by one desire. We aim to be the world’s most trusted and helpful resource for humanizing, simplifying, and streamlining the workers’ compensation process for all parties involved.
Our clients include industry-leading Third Party Administrators, Large employers and Insurance Carriers that administer workers compensation claims.
As a small fast-growing company, Juvo provides an outstanding opportunity to develop entrepreneurial leadership skills in a results-based environment where every contribution has a visible impact on the bottom line. Now in our 6th consecutive year of high double-digit growth, Juvo delivers a robust, unique service line and business model with proven success in the market. We’re in a unique position to enhance and extend our services nationwide, which is why we are looking for talented people to expand our awesome team!
A Brief Snapshot of the Role
The bookkeeping Office Assistant must be a detail-oriented, super fast and organizational superstar who will help run the daily administrative operations of the company! You’ll provide support to each department, and must be able to juggle multiple tasks and duties. It is important that you are comfortable working while paying acute attention to detail as well as vocalizing new and effective ways to achieve better results. We love problem solvers!
Some of the Job Responsibilities
- Handle receivables and payables using Xero accounting software and Bill.com
- Provide administrative assistance across all departments
- File proof of services
- Check and organize regular mail and email
- Phone Calls to clients, lien claimants, and vendors
- Running errands to the Workers Compensation Appeals Board
- Organizing and logging data into Google Suite
- Participate in special projects assigned by management
- Generate and send reports to clients
Who are you?
Juvonian [noun | employee of Juvo]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize work assignments, organize duties, and be flexible.
- Experience with Xero is a plus
- Must exercise good judgment and discreetly handle confidential matters.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ninja-like skills on the computer. We have many different systems and tools to get our job done. If you struggle with technology & change you will not like it here.
- Above-average typing skills.
- Love of being a helpful resource for people.
- A very, very, high sense of urgency, multitasking skills and speed. Our clients expect things to be done like yesterday and are not fans of lame excuses.
- The flexibility of a circus contortionist… well, when it comes to your availability to work that is and the multiple hats you will wear.
- Workers' compensation experience. Not a requirement but it helps for sure. Learning workers compensation is a challenge and requires you to put in a lot of study time to get up to speed.
- Team first attitude. We are a small company therefore what you do or don't do will have a huge impact on the team. We expect everyone to care and prioritize the goals and objectives of the team.
How to earn bonus points (any one of these things may get you extra kudos from us)
- You are great with numbers, spreadsheets, finance.
- Experience working with some or all of the following apps: Xero, Expensify, and bill.com.
- Previous experience working with a small company or start-up.
- You have relevant workers' compensation experience and/or certification/designations.
Company Perks & Culture
Company culture is a huge priority for us. We hire fun-loving, driven individuals who like to collaborate, innovate with their team, and help our clients reach their goals. We believe in creating a supportive and collaborative environment and make strives toward this every day.
- Medical Benefits: We offer both HMO & PPO and Dental Plans. We cover up to 80%
- PTO & Sick Days
- 401k Program
- Gorgeous office space in San Pedro
- Unlimited loose leaf tea and coffee bar in the office!
- Healthy snacks & fruit in the office
- Company-sponsored lunches, and outings.
- No dress code! Unless you are visiting a client, there is almost never a reason to dress up.
- The ability to create your own growth path.
- Opportunity to get in early to build an industry-changing organization, be an essential part of shaping the future of the company, an opportunity to work side by side with the owners of the company.
- Your voice is heard! It is actually are a requirement at Juvo for staff to provide feedback and ideas on all aspects of the business.
Please refrain from calling the office about the details of this position.