Claims Adjuster/OUTREACH SPECIALIST (Workers' Compensation)
At Juvo, everything we do is driven by one desire. We aim to be the world’s most trusted and helpful resource for humanizing, simplifying, and streamlining the workers’ compensation process for all parties involved.
Our clients include industry-leading Third Party Administrators, Large employers and Insurance Carriers that administer workers compensation claims.
As a small fast growing company, Juvo provides an outstanding opportunity to develop entrepreneurial leadership skills in a results-based environment where every contribution has a visible impact on the bottom line. Now in our 6th consecutive year of high double-digit growth, Juvo delivers a robust, unique service line and business model with proven success in the market. We’re in a unique position to enhance and extend our services nationwide, which is why we are looking for talented people to expand our awesome team!
A Brief Snapshot of the Role
The Outreach Specialist must be a client service superstar that serves as a bridge between claims adjusters and injured workers. You will be helping our amazing clients by reaching out to injured workers, flexing your persuasive communication skills by guiding them through the settlement process, and securing their signature on the settlement documents. Although we are hired by claims adjusters, at heart you are a resource for the injured workers that our clients serve.
- Help injured workers via phone through the settlement process while simultaneously meeting our clients' settlement objectives.
- Coordinate meetings with injured workers to explain documents, obtain signatures and address any concerns or question they may have.
- Make a high volume of phone calls. (You should love talking on the phone!)
- Participate in special projects assigned by management.
- Manage caseload using our proprietary case management system and properly document all activity and manage tasks.
- Provide our clients with status updates, but more importantly results.
- Becoming the best in the industry at what you do.
Who are you?
Juvonian [noun | employee of Juvo]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective | not afraid of anything]. A role at Juvo is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We are trying to change an industry. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
- You have a true passion for helping people and delivering the best possible service.
- Outstanding persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ninja-like skills on the computer. We have many different systems and tools to get our job done. If you struggle with technology & change you will not like it here.
- You love speed! The pace is fast at Juvo.
- Love of being a helpful resource for people.
- A very, very, high sense of urgency, multitasking skills and speed. Our clients expect things to be done like yesterday and are not fans of lame excuses.
- The flexibility of a circus contortionist… well, when it comes to your availability to work that is and the multiple hats you will wear.
- Workers' compensation experience. Not a requirement but it helps for sure.
- Team first attitude. We are a small company therefore what you do or don't do will have a huge impact on the team. We expect everyone to care and prioritize the goals and objectives of the team.
How to earn bonus points (any one of these things may get you extra kudos from us)
- You worked inside sales or customer service in a previous job. There are similarities in this position.
- You have relevant workers' compensation experience and/or certification/designations.
- You worked in the past for a company with a strong customer service reputation.
- Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for helping others and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Company Perks & Culture
Company culture is a huge priority for us. We hire fun-loving, driven individuals who like to collaborate, innovate with their team, and help our clients reach their goals. We believe in creating a supportive and collaborative environment and make strives toward this every day.
- Medical Benefits: We offer both BlueShield HMO & PPO. We cover up 80% of our plans
- Beam Dental Plan (electronic toothbrush and other dental supplies included)
- Vision Plans
- PTO & Sick Days
- 401k Program
- Gorgeous new office space in Downtown San Pedro
- Unlimited loose leaf tea and coffee bar in the office!
- Healthy snacks and fruit bar
- Company sponsored lunches, and outings
- No dress code! Unless you are visiting a client, there is almost never a reason to dress up
- The ability to create your own growth path
- Opportunity to get in early to build an industry-changing organization, be an essential part of shaping the future of the company and the opportunity to work closely with the CEO
- Your voice is heard! It is actually are a requirement at Juvo for staff to provide feedback and ideas on all aspects of the business
Please refrain from calling the office about the details of this position.