Juvonian [noun | employee of Juvo]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective | not afraid of anything]. A role at Juvo is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We are trying to change an industry. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
1990s [noun | a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for helping others and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
The Role: Working closely with our settlement experts, the Hearing Representative will be vital to our walk through program. You will present settlement documents to judges, mostly at the Anaheim Workers Compensation Appeals Board. You will also have office duties as well. (this is not a remote position)
EXPERIENCE/ABILITIES WE LOOK FOR:
- Workers' Compensation: Experience in workers' compensation from the defense perspective is salient for this position. So is knowledge of case in chief. We have our eyes open for those that have a background as a hearing representative, claims adjuster, Lien Negotiator, or something comparable. Extra kudos if you are if you have applicable certifications. Should understand TD overpayments, EDD liens, etc.
- Communication: The ideal candidate will have experience communicating with claims adjusters and internal stuff to resolve issues.
- Speed: You should not be someone that suffers from analysis paralysis. The past is very fast at Juvo.
- Technology: We are not a tech company but we are very technology focused. Experience and a high level of comfort dealing with new and changing technologies are something we look for. previous experience dealing with a CRM or case management system is a huge plus.
- Entrepreneurial élan: We're looking for people with a demonstrated independent streak. This must be balanced with the desire to collaborate and work with a team.
- Strategic vision: Work with CEO in the development of all strategic and tactical marketing initiatives and plans.
- Streamlining processes & providing solutions: While you may not have handled workers' compensation claims we are looking for people with a passion for solving problems and streamlining processes.
WHAT WE WILL EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Walk Throughs: We will expect you to perform at least 25-35 walk throughs per week from day one.
- Lien Conferences: We expect you to be able to attend at least two lien conference per week by the 60 day mark.
- Excellent Attendance: Must have a stellar attendance record and be extremely punctual. The company heavily relies on this person to get a bulk of our walk throughs done.
- Flexibility: We are a small team. Many hats may need to be worn.
- Complete team player: As an employee in a small rapidly growing organization, we'll need you to help design processes to keep up with our growth. This might encompass any number of special projects, but we figured we'd go ahead and give you the heads up now.
- Hustle: Your default should be to go all out to get things done for our clients. We work hard and we grind because we want to be the best. You done stop when you are tired, you stop when you are done.
- Medical Benefits: We offer both HMO & PPO Plans. We cover 80% of the HMO plan.
- 401k, Vision, Dental
- PTO that begins accruing from day one.
- Ability to create your own growth path.
- No dress code! Unless you are visiting a client there is almost never a reason to dress up.
- Opportunity to get in early to build an industry changing organization, be an essential part of shaping the future of the company, and opportunity to work side by side with the owners of the company.
- Your voice is heard! It is actually are a requirement at Juvo for staff to provide feedback and ideas on all aspects of the business.
Who are we?
Juvo, is a statewide provider of cost effective, streamlined settlement solutions & alternative legal services to TPAs, employers, and insurance companies that handle worker compensation claims. As a small company, Juvo provides an outstanding opportunity to develop entrepreneurial leadership skills in a results-based environment where every contribution has a visible impact on the bottom line. Now in our 5th consecutive year of double-digit growth, Juvo delivers a robust, unique service line and business model with proven success in the market.
Company culture is a huge priority for us. We hire fun-loving, driven individuals who like to innovate with their team, deliver what the client needs and bring the heat. We believe in creating a supportive and collaborative environment.