At Wag!, we build products that help dogs and their parents live more joyful lives. Working with our technology and engineering team is part art, part skill—and all heart. We like to surround ourselves with other smart people that will challenge us and bring new thinking to the team to help us build better products. We're all about automation and we're constantly pushing the limits on what can be delivered auto-magically—from QA to deploying code in production. Our patent-pending Woof Pack Scrum structure allows us to work more independently, faster, and with the right level of autonomy and accountability for producing results. If there's a way to integrate it into Slack, we've probably done it. We love music, food and drinks—anything that helps us be the team possible. And maybe most important—we don't like to leave our dogs home alone, so be ready to spend your days in the office hanging with the pups.
The primary function of this role is to be responsible for developing and implementing security solutions across the product stack (AWS Cloud) and assist the IT team in hardening the corporate network. This position in 75% security and 25% collaboration on systems and infrastructure with all teams to ensure the security of the entire production system.
We’re looking for a passionate individual to:
- Build, maintain and monitor cloud and corporate networks to include basic SOC capabilities, Firewall Administration, VPN and employing enterprise security tools such as network taps, SIEM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, WAF, etc.
- Build and deploy tools to automate security monitoring and tasks.
- Lead the patch management program and harden server operating systems.
- Manage SIEM logs and digest reports, notifications and events from a variety sources to determine threats and proper course of action/mitigation.
- Conduct penetration testing, audits and reviews of current infrastructure and provide efficient mitigation of security issues.
- Help develop, manage, and enforce security related policies and procedures.
- Participate in the design and deployment of new architecture, software, services, etc.
- Continuously update the company’s security program and processes in areas such as incident response, disaster recovery plans, configuration management, etc.
- Own the internal compliance program, processes and documentation to meet the requirements of external integrations and partnerships.
- Recommend and implement efficient applications of compliance measures and controls to minimize resources and accelerate the business.
- Conduct security awareness training
- Evangelize good security habits and secure development practices
Skills and experience of a Wag! Security Engineer
- Proficient with Amazon Web Services and it’s security offerings.
- Excited by the opportunity to secure infrastructure applications; you care about finding gaps in security and identifying solutions to help fill those gaps; as well as developing incident response plans in case a security issue is exploited.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education and/or work-related experience.
- Five years’ experience working as security engineer with some senior IT security experience.
- Experience in working with compliance and regulatory program requirements.
Bonus Points if…
- Demonstrated knowledge of application security (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
- You have certifications such as (CISSP/SSCP, CEH, GIAC, etc.)
- You are familiar with industry security compliance standards (e.g. PCI DSS, SOC 2 Type 2, HIPAA, NIST, SANS, CIS, GDPR, etc.) and experience meeting their technical, procedural and documentation requirements.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people in an amazing West Hollywood location
- A competitive salary with stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an open snack bar, and an endless supply of refreshments
- OFFICE DOGS!
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured. We know your dogs are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give Wag! walkers and sitters.