At Wag!, we build products that help dogs and their parents live more joyful lives. Working with our technology and engineering team is part art, part skill—and all heart. We like to surround ourselves with other smart people that will challenge us and bring new thinking to the team to help us build better products. We're all about automation and we're constantly pushing the limits on what can be delivered auto-magically—from QA to deploying code in production. Our patent-pending Woof Pack Scrum structure allows us to work more independently, faster, and with the right level of autonomy and accountability for producing results. If there's a way to integrate it into Slack, we've probably done it. We love music, food and drinks—anything that helps us be the team possible. And maybe most important—we don't like to leave our dogs home alone, so be ready to spend your days in the office hanging with the pups.
What You’ll Do:
- Be part of a team that builds impactful features for our customers
- Breakdown a feature into releasable chunks, estimate release schedules, and work on features with your team
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions your team makes and be able to articulate the impact of those decisions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred with 2+ years of software development experience and at least 2 years of Android app development experience
- Strong development skills in Java and with Android SDK, and good general programming and algorithm skills.
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work
- Proven customer facing application development, troubleshooting, deployment and application performance tuning experience
- Proven ability to build, launch, and iterate on apps under pressure
- Experience developing Android apps using Kotlin
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured.