We are looking for a highly motivated Accounting Manager to join our growing Accounting team as we build a first-class accounting / finance organization. This position plays a key role managing the accounting team, overseeing the accounting staff as the Company grows and expands. The position will report into the Controller, and is a great opportunity for a talented individual to showcase their skills in a fast paced dynamic business.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced accounting professional with proven history of technical accounting and reporting experience, ability to work across constituencies, and willingness to roll-up sleeves and execute. This position is responsible for overseeing a team of staff accountants prepare the monthly technical accounting entries, and evaluating / developing new technical accounting conclusions. The candidate is a strategic thinker, has desire for problem solving, aspiration to develop in the team, and able to operate with a sense of urgency in a non-routine, fast-paced dynamic environment.
The position is based in Mountain View, CA
- Help build and manage a first class accounting team responsible for all aspects of accounting
- Supervise and help develop team of staff accountants
- Lead the accounting close on a monthly basis, including but not limited to, preparing and reviewing journal entries and reconciliations
- Manage preparation of monthly financial statements and analysis
- Manage technical accounting research and the preparation of accounting memos / policies and business process documentation
- Own research and adoption of new accounting topics
- Evaluating business processes and internal controls and recommend changes / improvements
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of new systems and process
- Manage external auditors with requests and inquiries in connection with annual audit
- Ensure timely filing of federal, state, and local returns; such as 1099’s, sales & use taxes, and property taxes. Ensure tax payments are made on a timely basis
- 5-7 years’ experience with a Big 4 accounting firm combined with industry experience at a top tier company (Tech industry and/or public company experience preferred)
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related discipline
- CPA certification a very strong plus
- Demonstrated progression in roles and responsibilities in finance and accounting
- Effective management and supervisory skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, extensive experience researching and evaluating technical accounting matters
- Strong technical skills, analytical thinking, and the ability to think outside the box and improve processes
- Ability to define and implement internal or external controls or best practices
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate Company’s financial results, accounting policies, and procedures in layman’s terms; comfortable interacting with all levels of organization, including C-suite executives, project teams, and department managers.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team and drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Exposure to NetSuite preferred
- Desire to continuously improve and a positive, "can-do" approach
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured.