Wag! makes dog ownership effortless by connecting dog owners with dog lovers in their community that they can hire on-demand, 24/7 for dog walking, sitting, or boarding services. Wag! is like having a trusted dog-loving neighbor or friend at your beck and call!
The DevOps and SRE are responsible for building and continuously expanding the technology infrastructure that provides the Wag! platform on which all services reside. We believe in open source software and harnessing the power of cloud and SaaS services, and use it exclusively. Our team is highly collaborative and closely works with all of our engineering teams. We strive for operational excellence, end to end security, stability, and speed.
- Work alongside Wag! engineering teams to deliver and host AWS-based solutions that delight our customers: Walkers and Owners
- Work alongside engineering teams to design and implement AWS solutions for infrastructure that enables deployment, monitoring, logging, auto-scaling, alerting, data storage, and security
- Overseeing our cloud hosting (Dev/INT/STG/PROD) environments in AWS
- Has deep understanding and experience with configuration management tools.
- Mastery of infrastructure as code, as it relates to Terraform/Cloudformation in AWS.
- Familiarity with CI tools (Gitlab or Jenkins), GitHub, Docker, and container orchestration tools.
- Working closely with Wag! engineering to build out CI/CD pipelines and workflows.
- Creatively solve new complex problems while trying to keep the solution simple.
- Participate in on-call escalation chain as well as off-hour maintenances.
- Drive Change and develop highly repeatable processes and have a desire to AUTOMATE EVERYTHING.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies based on current and future feature requirements, performance, cost-effectiveness, and reliability
- Review existing infrastructure with a fresh perspective to suggest improvements and optimizations that enable our app and backend API services to massively scale to meet current and future business demand,
- Contribute to best operational practices; create diagrams and documentation where appropriate and participate in stand-ups with the engineering team
- Collaborate directly with the engineering team to define strategy and technical infrastructure roadmap, and drive the rapid implementation of appropriate technologies
- Define and report on performance KPI Desired
- 4+ years of experience in:
- Managing a multi-region environment, 100+ Linux servers (Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS)
- Managing systems with configuration management (Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Working in a high traffic, fault tolerant, & highly available 24/7/365 environment
- Logging/Monitoring tools (Sumologic, New Relic, Dynatrace, DataDog, Kibana, Runscope)
- Programming in at least one language (Bash/Python/Ruby/Perl/PHP)
- Continuous integration/deployment in Gitlab/Jenkins environments
- Participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- 3+ years of experience with:
- AWS - EC2, ELB, Route53, AutoScaling, IAM, S3, RDS, Elasticcache, ECS
- Managing global environments
- Mult-Region, Mult-AZ design
- Docker and Kubernetes on-premise or in AWS
Why Work Here:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered daily lunches, snacks galore, and endless coffee
- Office dogs!
- Get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup!
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured. We know your dogs are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give Wag! walkers and sitters.