- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to MySQL Databases (RDS) availability and performance
- Partner with software engineers to discern and solve their database related requirements
- Monitor slow query logs to proactively identify and resolve database related issues
- Maintain and update system documentation
- 2-4 years of experience in MySQL database administration, RDS preferred
- Intermediate working knowledge of MySQL
- Excellent documentation skills
- Good Knowledge of Linux and Bash
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to prioritize work assignments
- Intermediate knowledge of Postgres
- Familiar with Monitoring tools such as SolarWind, Percona PMM
- Familiar with Percona ToolKit
- Eager to learn other database technologies (MemSQL, SnowFlake)
- Computer Science or related degree
Why Work Here:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered daily lunches, snacks galore, and endless coffee
- Office dogs!
- Get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup!
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured. We know your dogs are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give Wag! walkers and sitters.