As our Fraud Risk Manager, you will be responsible for building out our fraud risk program. You will own the development and execution of strategy and roadmap that mitigates fraud risks for the company. Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and execute on fraud/risk strategy and risk management efforts that strike a balance between growth and risk controls
- Partner with business leads across finance, legal, product, marketing, and other teams to identify business system solutions and develop plans for executing.
- Establish business cases and projected ROI to identify and prioritize opportunities to reduce all forms of fraud, account takeovers, and chargebacks
- Oversee the design, development and management of real-time risk and fraud rules and models to predict and manage risk associated with new and existing accounts and to combat systematic fraud, identity theft fraud, etc.
- Estimate and forecast losses and partner with Finance and Business Leaders to manage the financial impact of fraud
- Work closely with product and engineering team to manage new product launch risk strategy.
- Collaborate with vendors and external partners to implement risk management efforts.
- Identify metrics, and build business tools to measure, monitor, and share critical information.
- Manage a team, including selection of staff members, providing ongoing feedback, fostering teamwork and meeting team-related goals.
- 5+ years as a fraud/risk team manager, ideally in a tech environment.
- Strong SQL and Excel skills required. Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Strong risk and fraud domain knowledge/intuition
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a get things done attitude
- Ability to make sound judgement calls independently when presented with difficult decisions, especially when only partial information is available
- Deeply passionate about the user experience and able to make product recommendations that delight the user while taking into account the needs of the business
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, through all levels of the company.
- Familiarity with relevant insurance agencies, products, and policies.
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured. We know your dogs are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give Wag! walkers and sitters.