Wag! is seeking a solutions-oriented Senior Finance Manager ready to make an immediate impact on our decision-making. This role drives strategic initiatives and informs business decisions by delivering insightful metrics, forecasts, and operational finance support. You will play a major role in strategic and financial planning and interact directly with executive management by providing recommendations for short and long-term decisions that will determine the trajectory of the company.
- Track business performance by building dashboards, analyzing KPIs, financial results against projections and business trends to inform management on opportunities and risks to plan.
- Build and maintain the company’s financial forecasts and long-range model
- Own end-to-end reporting and analytics across all operational lines of the P&L; prepare month/quarterly reports and presentations for executive management, investors and Board of Directors.
- Business partner with functional team leads on financial budgeting and quarterly forecasting and provide them with business insights and decision support
- Create financial models to help evaluate and assess new business opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- Work closely with Accounting on system improvements.
- 8-10 years in financial planning and business analysis experience in the tech industry, preferably at a high growth company and with some combination of investment banking background.
- Superior analytical and modeling skills including advanced proficiency in Excel and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports
- Ability to perform deep dives into the underlying assumptions and quantitative details of all analyses, as well as step back and make recommendations based on the insights you develop.
- In-depth knowledge of financial statement analysis and thorough understanding of financial reporting and management financial reporting concepts.
- Strong theoretical understanding of corporate finance concepts, such as cost of capital, discounted cash flows and other valuation methodologies.
- Self-starter and highly enthusiastic in building great relationships with business divisions and functional organizations.
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility to work cross functionally on multiple projects.
- Proven ability to work well in teams and develop strong rapport with senior and executive management.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines, high-pressure situations and in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Excel/Google Sheets, Powerpoint/Google Slides expertise, Netsuite and financial planning system experience.
- Experience in managing financial analysts a plus.
- A productive work environment and ability to learn and grow from mentors and peers
- Being part of a reputational brand that your family and friends have heard about and which delivers a happy experience to millions of satisfied dogs and their owners
- A competitive salary with stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Catered daily lunches and open snack bar
- Ability to bring your dog into the office
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured. We know your dogs are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give Wag! walkers and sitters.