As a fraud risk analyst, you will be responsible for extracting meaningful insights from business data to identify opportunities to mitigate fraud on the platform. Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop strategy and analytical processes to effectively mitigate risk
- Analyze rich user and transaction data to drive business decisions to contribute to machine learning models, rules, and other detection systems
- Design analytical and reporting frameworks to make complex data easy to understand and drive decision making for stakeholders
- Work with operations teams to define risk policy and processes
- Work cross functionally on managing risk associated with new products, marketplaces, and payment methods
- Perform vendor risk reviews of 3rd party products and services used by Wag!
- 3+ years of experience as a risk data analyst in a high tech company
- Strong SQL and Excel skills required. Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Strong risk and fraud domain knowledge/intuition
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods are a plus
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a get things done attitude
- Ability to make sound judgement calls independently when presented with difficult decisions, especially when only partial information is available
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured. We know your dogs are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give Wag! walkers and sitters.