We are looking for a highly motivated experienced staff accountant to join our growing Accounting team as we build a first-class accounting / finance organization. This position plays a key role within the accounting team, helping shape the accounting function as the Company grows and expands. The position will report into the Accounting Manager and/or Assistant Controller, and is a great opportunity for a talented staff accountant to develop and grow in a fast paced dynamic business.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced accounting professional with proven technical skills in accounting and reporting. This position is responsible for determining monthly technical accounting entries, and plays a key role in evaluating / developing new technical accounting conclusions. The candidate must be a strategic thinker, demonstrates a desire for problem solving, and able to operate with a sense of urgency in a non-routine, fast-paced dynamic environment.
The position is based in Mountain View, CA
- Be a key player in the monthly financial reporting and close process, including the preparation of routine and non-routine journal entries and adjustments
- Complete monthly account reconciliations, including variance investigation, for balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Produce monthly trend analysis
- Assist in technical accounting research and the preparation of accounting memos/policies and business process documentation
- Assist with research and adoption of new accounting topics
- Assist in evaluating process and internal control changes and improvements
- Play a key role in design and implementation of new systems and processes
- Assist external auditors with requests and inquiries in connection with annual audit
Job competencies and requirements
- 3-4 years’ experience with a Big 4 accounting firm combined with industry experience at a top tier company (Tech industry and/or public company experience preferred)
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related discipline
- CPA certification a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience researching and documenting technical accounting matters
- Strong technical skills, analytical thinking, and the ability to think outside the box and improve processes
- Ability to define and implement internal or external controls or best practices
- An inquisitive mind that yearns to understand the intricacies of the business
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility to work cross functionally on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Strong written, verbal and quantitative skills
- Excel/Google Sheets, Powerpoint/Google Slides expertise
- Exposure to NetSuite preferred
- Desire to continuously improve and a positive, "can-do" approach
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured. We know your dogs are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give Wag! walkers and sitters.