We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to bring the best businesses to the Wag! platform via inside sales.
Your job as the BDR is to make Wag! the preferred pet services solution for HR teams, local merchants, and benefit providers.
- Identify, contact, and qualify the most important decision makers in your target market
- Set up demonstrations for Business Development Managers to present, in order to negotiate terms that are beneficial to the prospects as well as Wag!
- Complete a high volume of outbound calls, thru cold calling, and emailing order to access decision makers; we expect upwards of 50 calls per day.
- Refine the presentation, messaging, prospecting, qualifying, and closing process in order to be promoted to a Business Development Manager
- Persuasive - you’re recognized as a team player, who motivates those around them, you’re able to communicate clearly -- especially around the benefits of working with Wag!
- Humble - you’re open to feedback internally and externally, your constantly improving, you aren’t the same person you were yesterday as you are today
- High-energy and self-motivated - your able to work with minimal supervision (you even prefer it!) and you’ll do whatever it takes to win while focusing on the daily, weekly, monthly, goals.
- Resilient - as a startup, the environment is constantly changing, you thrive in chaos and are able to convert ambiguity into clarity in order to keep up with the pace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher - new grads welcome
- Experience with Salesforce
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured. We know your dogs are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give Wag! walkers and sitters.