Use your deep understanding of full-stack web technologies and experience with data at scale to help build the next gen full app stack & infrastructure that makes millions of dogs happy across the US. You will be working across platform teams designing and implementing end-to-end solutions. You will be responsible for the technical architecture and roadmap across our API, web-app, and mobile apps carefully balancing quality with speed. Wag! is the #1 on-demand dog walking service and one of the fastest-growing startups, funded by Silicon Valley's top investors. We walk thousands of dogs in more than 100 cities every single day.
- Be part of a growing team that has meaningful impact to customers by delivering high quality features at high velocity
- Collaborate with software engineers, devops, and product managers to design, plan, and deliver solutions
- Drive the technical strategy and technical roadmap with hands-on leadership in architecture and implementation
- Design scalable services leveraging modern technology and industry best practices
- Help collect and clearly communicate translation of requirements from business and technical sources into technical design direction
- Research, recommend, and implement industry trends and best practices across platforms.
- Provide architectural consultation, support, mentoring, and guidance to various development teams
- Participate in code reviews and production deployments to ensure code delivered aligns to agreed-upon principles, design, etc.
- Play active role in identifying, evaluating and selecting vendors, partners and new 3rd party technologies.
- Design security-first systems to protect critical owner and walker data
- Manage cross-functional relationships with stakeholders, engineers, and technical partners
- Serve as technical evangelist across technical and non-technical personnel at all levels
- Mentor and work with development teams
- Experience with building systems at scale
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- AWS: ECS, EC2, S3, RDS, Aurora, SQS
- Extensive experience designing and developing scalable, resilient, distributed applications
- Strong knowledge and experience with a RDBMS (MySQL preferred)
- The ability to be flexible and get involved where necessary
- Experience leading evaluations and discussions with third party solutions and integrations.
- Monitoring solutions (e.g.: statsd/graphite, Prometheus, DataDog, New Relic, Dynatrace)
Logs aggregation: Sumologic, ELK (EFK)
- Experience working in a security conscience environment, with a good eye for security best practices
Why Work Here:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered daily lunches, snacks galore, and endless coffee
- Office dogs!
- Get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup!
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured. We know your dogs are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give Wag! walkers and sitters.