Wag! is looking for a talented and motivated Legal Administrator to join its growing legal team! Working closely with Wag!’s in-house attorneys and business partners, you will be responsible for managing and organizing corporate and legal records, overseeing document review and preparation requests and streamlining legal operations. You should be a self-starter and team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
You will be the first line of defense for the legal team, handling external legal requests of all types, reviewing and negotiating contracts where appropriate, assisting with various corporate and compliance initiatives and building processes to help us operate more efficiently. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for dogs and those who love them, technology, organization, excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic corporate environment.
What You’ll Do
- Manage corporate records, including our data room, all manner of legal files and agreements, board and stockholder materials, director and officer information, and administrative legal tasks
- Assist in-house counsel in reviewing and negotiating contracts at the direction of our in-house lawyers where appropriate, including non-disclosure agreements, marketing agreements and vendor agreements
- Schedule and complete corporate and regulatory filings
- Assist with M&A and other strategic transactions, including providing due diligence support, data room management and preparing and organizing documents and files
- Optimize legal operations by designing self-help guides, improving contracts management processes and systems, implementing project management tools and more — when you spot a problem, you’ll fix it!
- Handle and track third-party legal correspondence and requests, including pending litigations. regulatory inquiries and insurance claims
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including finance, tax, stock admin, IR, accounting, people operations, and compliance to manage initiatives and stock administration
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant corporate legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Exceptionally organized, efficient and articulate, and able to do so in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a track record of working on multiple projects simultaneously and seeing them through to completion
- Excellent judgment and demonstrated discretion handling confidential information
- Excel at designing and implementing systems to make things work better and faster, with less human intervention
- Comfortable working with new technology systems
- Proficient in working in a Mac environment, and specifically with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.), Excel and Word
- Positive attitude, high EQ, and a Wag! user/believer :)
- Bonus points for experience with international expansion or equity plan management
- Pragmatic, solutions-based approaches to achieving business objectives in a legal and ethical manner
At Wag! we're crazy about dogs and the people who love them, and everything we do is intended to bring them joy and keep them safe. Our company was founded in 2015 and born from a love of dogs and an entrepreneurial spirit to help make pet parenthood just a little bit easier, so dogs and their humans can share a life full of joyful moments.
We invented on-demand dog walking by connecting an already passionate community of local dog walkers with pet parents. Launching in Los Angeles in 2015, Wag! services are now available in 43 states and more than 100 cities nationwide. Our walkers and sitters are vetted and pass a robust screening process—and our services are bonded and insured. We know your dogs are members of your family and taking care of them is the highest honor you can give Wag! walkers and sitters.