Vydia is seeking an experienced do-it-all Product Manager that has a reputation for delivering innovative, quality products. This person should be an intricately-organized, self-motivated expert in supporting cross-team functionality and extremely entrepreneurial in spirit. This role requires impeccable communication skills as they will be working with many sectors of the business. This full-time position reports to the VP of Product Management and is based at Vydia HQ in Holmdel, NJ.
Responsibilities for this role:
· Understand Vydia’s strategic and competitive position to leverage stakeholder insights, market analysis, and consider business goals when establishing market need and translating them into software solutions.
· Road-map short term and long-term product vision with the ability to forecast future builds in an ever-evolving environment.
· Implement process to analyze data to set benchmarks and measure success.
· Lead the effort to maximize value and efficiency of the product team operating in an agile environment using the Scrum framework.
· Take ownership of and constantly prioritize the product backlog, fielding feature requests, writing user stories, creating wire-frames/mock-ups, and defining acceptance criteria.
· Provide continuous, quality analysis of market conditions as they relate to business goals and the features and functions in development for our platform
· Attend Scrum meetings including Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
· Verify User Acceptance Testing to ensure functionality requested is delivered as expected
· Analyze and anticipate customers’ needs through both user data and direct communication.
· Communicate with customer facing teams on updates and help create a process for testing and delivering features to users.
· This role is dynamic and requires flexibility as much as it requires discipline and attention to detail.
· You have 5+ years of software product management, product design, or IT project management experience (preferably in the video, media, or music space)
· 5+ years' experience designing user interfaces, wire-frames, and mock-ups
· You have cultivated an in-depth understanding of agile software development, specifically the Scrum methodology and the Sprint planning process
· Outstanding organizational, communication, and analytical skills
· BA/BS (preferably in Engineering) or related technical field experience
· Understanding of Product or Project management software
· Experience working with data analytics
· You have an extraordinary understanding and real passion for the Music and Entertainment industries; you enjoy multiple aspects of Pop culture
· General understanding of video and audio monetization and IP-protection technology
· You understand database architecture and led the successful deployment of products that rely on standard methodologies when it comes to data storage and movement
Reasons to work with us:
• As an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America Vydia offers huge opportunities to grow with the company.
• Vydia was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2017 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
• Full medical/dental/vision package
• Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
• Team breakfast every Monday and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks
• An on-site gym facility and team yoga on Thursdays
• Open, creative workspace located inside the historic site of NJ innovation, Bell Works
• Leadership identified as the 2017 Tech Innovator of the year and highlighted by Entrepreneur Magazine as builder of one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America.
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia (vydia.com) is a fast growing, Inc. 500 technology company that has built a premiere platform for the exploding video content industry. Our solutions empower music creators to easily distribute, manage, and optimize their video and audio content through one centralized platform. The company is viewed as one of the leaders in the space as evidenced by strategic partnerships and integrations with Vevo, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, Apple, Dailymotion and several more. The vision of the company is to disrupt the entertainment industry through automation, data, and artificial intelligence that helps both creators and the next generation of music distribution. Vydia is constantly evolving and has attracted more than 200,000 musicians, influencers, and brands worldwide. The company has recently completed Series A financing, poising it to continue the exponential growth it has achieved since its inception.