Vydia has secured the foundation of a great team, and is now looking to fill a few key executive positions including VP of Strategy and Corporate Development. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be responsible for strategy, strategic partnerships, licensing, joint ventures, select business development, and potential M&A. We are looking for an industry expert with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is willing to role up their sleeves with one a company that has tremendous upside.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with C-suite executives to help craft, maintain and execute a rolling three-year strategic plan
- Work with C-Suite on corporate development efforts including fundraising, investor relations, JV, licensing, strategic partnerships, and potential M & A.
- Conduct industry and quantitative analysis to help drive and focus strategic projects, and keep C Suite and Board appraised of competitive market
- Research, analyze and propose growth opportunities in both B2C and B2B markets, leveraging your network and industry knowledge to identify key partnerships
- Collaborate with Finance and Legal teams to develop and facilitate the proposal process for specific clients including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations.
- B.A. in Business or Finance; MBA or other Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with 3+ in strategic planning, business development and corporate development for an internet, digital media or entertainment business
- Candidates from strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate development backgrounds in the TMT vertical are preferred.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams around strategic initiatives.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated mentality.
- Impeccable ethical standards and professional presence.
- Proven business writing skills & analysis skills.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Strong ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; take the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
Reasons to work with us:
- As an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America Vydia offers huge opportunities to grow with the company.
- Vydia was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2017 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
- Full medical/dental/vision package
- Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Team breakfast every Monday and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks
- An on-site gym facility and team yoga on Thursdays
- Open, creative workspace located inside the historic site of NJ innovation, Bell Works
- Leadership identified as the 2017 Tech Innovator of the year and highlighted by Entrepreneur Magazine as builder of one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia (vydia.com) is a fast growing, Inc. 500 technology company that has built a premiere platform for the exploding video content industry. Our solutions empower music creators to easily distribute, manage, and optimize their video and audio content through one centralized platform. The company is viewed as one of the leaders in the space as evidenced by strategic partnerships and integrations with Vevo, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, Apple, Dailymotion and several more. The vision of the company is to disrupt the entertainment industry through automation, data, and artificial intelligence that helps both creators and the next generation of music distribution. Vydia is constantly evolving and has attracted more than 200,000 musicians, influencers, and brands worldwide. The company has recently completed Series A financing, poising it to continue the exponential growth it has achieved since its inception.