The Vydia Finance team is currently interviewing candidates for the position of Controller or Assistant Controller here in Holmdel, NJ. Our Finance team works in a fast-paced, start-up environment where priorities shift regularly. This is hands-on role that requires doing while supervising junior staff. Large quantities of data and royalty reports from Vydia’s numerous technology partners such as YouTube, Spotify, iTunes or Apple Music need sorting and analysis on top of the regular department responsibilities. If you’re a CPA with 7+ years of accounting experience in a start-up or rapidly growing industry, or already have 3 years of experience as a Controller or Assistant Controller, this could be your next career move.
The Controller/Assistant Controller will oversee the maintenance of Vydia's corporate financial records and financial reporting. In addition, to ensure that the Company fulfils its tax and audit compliance requirements. This role will directly contribute to the continued growth for the company through additional rounds of financing as we scale the Company. This position manages the functional accounting staff and junior personnel and provides executives insights to define the organization’s goals and strategic plans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide oversight as well as be responsible for performing finance operations including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, content investment and royalty reporting.
· Establish accounting policies and procedures to ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Drive process improvements and system implementation to achieve optimal efficiency.
· Responsible for detailed documentation of accounting processes.
· Ensure all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
· Responsible for monthly closing of books and monthly account reviews; prepare and present monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements.
· Coordinate annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
· Coach and develop junior Finance personnel into autonomous team members capable of assuming advanced responsibilities.
· Assist with budget preparation and variances analysis.
· Analyze organization's financial position with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budget; present findings and recommendations to senior management.
· Prepare and present financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, etc.
· Provide management with timely reviews of financial status and progress.
· Monitor receivables to ensure credit risk is mitigated.
· Conduct ad hoc projects assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field, AND fully qualified CPA
- 7+ years of progressively advanced accounting experience, with a blend of public accounting firm (at least second tier firms) and industry experience
- 2+ years Controller or Assistant Controller experience preferred
- 2+ years recent NetSuite experience
- Advance Excel, Word, and PPT skills mandatory (as you will be able to handle large quantities of data)
- Solid understanding of US GAAP standards, equity accounting, and financial reporting.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proven leadership and business acumen, demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills required to enable optimal interactions both internally and externally
Reasons to work with us:
- As an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America Vydia offers huge opportunities to grow with the company.
- Vydia was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2017 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
- Full medical/dental/vision package; 401k
- Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Team breakfast every Monday and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks
- An on-site gym facility and team yoga on Thursdays
- Open, creative workspace located inside the historic site of NJ innovation, Bell Works
- Leadership identified as the 2017 Tech Innovator of the year and highlighted by Entrepreneur Magazine as builder of one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia (vydia.com) is a fast growing, Inc. 500 technology company that has built a premiere platform for the exploding video content industry. Our solutions empower music creators to easily distribute, manage, and optimize their video and audio content through one centralized platform. The company is viewed as one of the leaders in the space as evidenced by strategic partnerships and integrations with Vevo, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, Apple, Dailymotion and several more. The vision of the company is to disrupt the entertainment industry through automation, data, and artificial intelligence that helps both creators and the next generation of music distribution. Vydia is constantly evolving and has attracted more than 200,000 musicians, influencers, and brands worldwide. The company has recently completed Series A financing, poising it to continue the exponential growth it has achieved since its inception.