As the Data Product Manager, you will be the Product Owner for Data and report to the VP of Product Management. You will work alongside our VP of Data cultivating prioritizing goals and managing workflow for the data department. Our Data Department consists of three teams: Data Science, Business Intelligence, and Data Engineering.
As a leader on the Data team, your responsibilities will include:
- Understand Vydia’s strategic and competitive position in order to leverage stakeholder insights, market analysis, and consider business objectives when establishing market need and translating them into goals for the Data teams.
- Own our Data Roadmap, company-wide
- Interface with all departments in the company, fielding data-requests and prioritizing them into our backlog
- Fielding inbound data request from any of the many areas of the business
- Be hands-on with our scum board
- Through your effective Scrum skills, helping to ensure optimal workflow for all the Data teams
- Lead the effort to maximize value and efficiency of the Data department operating in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Being a thought leader with respect to the company’s data strategy
Specifically, the work of Data Engineering supports not only the other teams in Data, but all of the Tech teams. One of the responsibilities of the DPM will be to be deeply tuned-in to the needs throughout the company such that Data Engineering can always stay two steps ahead of what will be needed in the future.
Do you think in data? When you encounter a new set of data, does your mind instantly wander to all the different and incredible things that could be done with that data? Do you want to be at the forefront of the Tech and Data scenes in NJ?
Critically, you relate the real world to data, and your data to the real world. You understand that data is not the end goal but a vehicle to help get us where we are going, and you see your role as the person most critical in coordinating the efforts to make this happen.
If this is you, we want to chat with you.
Reasons to work with us:
· As an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America Vydia offers huge opportunities to grow with the company.
· Vydia was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2017 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
· Full medical/dental/vision package
· Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
· Team breakfast every Monday and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks
· An on-site gym facility and team yoga on Thursdays
· Open, creative workspace located inside the historic site of NJ innovation, Bell Works
· Leadership identified as the 2017 Tech Innovator of the year and highlighted by Entrepreneur Magazine as builder of one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America.
· We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia (vydia.com) is a fast growing, Inc. 500 technology company that has built a premiere platform for the exploding video content industry. Our solutions empower music creators to easily distribute, manage, and optimize their video and audio content through one centralized platform. The company is viewed as one of the leaders in the space as evidenced by strategic partnerships and integrations with Vevo, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, Apple, Dailymotion and several more. The vision of the company is to disrupt the entertainment industry through automation, data, and artificial intelligence that helps both creators and the next generation of music distribution. Vydia is constantly evolving and has attracted more than 200,000 musicians, influencers, and brands worldwide. The company has recently completed Series A financing, poising it to continue the exponential growth it has achieved since its inception.