We are seeking an Excel-savvy Staff Accountant with 3-5 years of experience for an open position on a growing team in an expanding online media tech start-up. If you are a CPA with several years of Big-4 Accounting Firm, Internet Start-up, or SaaS industry experience, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and looking for your next challenge, this could be it.
This role will involve a mixture of traditional business accounting, as well as working with our streaming media partners such as YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, and Instagram to calculate revenue generated by our creators’ content.
- Assist with month end and year end closing including revenue recognition, booking expenses or capitalization as per accounting guidelines.
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit card accounts and escrow accounts in NetSuite.
- Assist our B2C and B2B users by answering payment and billing related queries forwarded through the customer service team.
- Assist with commission calculation and reporting.
- Process customer refunds to Braintree and PayPal with high accuracy.
- Work closely with the operations team, financial accountant and controller to maintain accurate record keeping across Vydia App, Escrow Accounts different platforms in a paperless environment and make sure different platforms are in sync.
- Recognize patterns/deficiencies in payment platforms and different systems, suggest improvement and potential solutions to software development team in order to improve customer experience.
- Resolve discrepancies quickly and in a professional manner.
- Researching US GAAP standards and IRS tax code upon requests.
- Gather data from different sources as input into investor reports.
- Assist with revenue recognition projects and other ad-hoc tasks and projects.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree majoring in accounting or finance
- 2-4 years of corporate finance experience
- Prior experience with reconciliations and other general accounting duties is a plus
- Must have a high attention to detail; exposure to the tech industry is a plus, but not required
- Proficient with NetSuite, or another ERP system; Tipalti experience is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Strong MS Excel skills (Pivot Table & VLOOKUP)
- Some knowledge of US GAAP
· High energy, positive outlook, team player
Reasons to work with us:
- As an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America Vydia offers huge opportunities to grow with the company.
- Vydia was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2017 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
- Full medical/dental/vision package
- Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Team breakfast every Monday and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks
- An on-site gym facility and team yoga on Thursdays
- Open, creative workspace located inside the historic site of NJ innovation, Bell Works
- Leadership identified as the 2017 Tech Innovator of the year and highlighted by Entrepreneur Magazine as builder of one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia (vydia.com) is a fast growing, Inc. 500 technology company that has built a premiere platform for the exploding video content industry. Our solutions empower music creators to easily distribute, manage, and optimize their video and audio content through one centralized platform. The company is viewed as one of the leaders in the space as evidenced by strategic partnerships and integrations with Vevo, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, Apple, Dailymotion and several more. The vision of the company is to disrupt the entertainment industry through automation, data, and artificial intelligence that helps both creators and the next generation of music distribution. Vydia is constantly evolving and has attracted more than 200,000 musicians, influencers, and brands worldwide. The company has recently completed Series A financing, poising it to continue the exponential growth it has achieved since its inception.