Vydia’s Rights Management Department oversees all digital rights-related functions including, but not limited to, master and publishing rights management, content deployment, partner asset management, internal catalog management, agreement review, copyright claims, and general quality control.
We are seeking a Rights Management Assistant to join our Holmdel, NJ office immediately. This position will report directly to the Director of Rights Management and be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the department. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of intellectual property rights and U.S. Copyright law, experience in content management, and a self-starting attitude. This position will offer significant opportunities to grow within the department and identify areas of specialization.
• General asset management, including metadata matching, researching work codes, and identifying duplicates
• Day-to-day Management of any new content management systems made available
• Registering compositions with all US societies, including the US PRO's, and mechanical societies
• Registering compositions with our network of sub-publishers
• Researching content for manual claiming; making manual claims based both on Video Claim Submissions and Client Relations requests
• Researching for unsigned writers and publishers for potential agreement opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 1-2 years of experience in the music or entertainment industries
• Prior experience manipulating and organizing large data sets
• Working understanding of the U.S. Copyright landscape and general intellectual property rights
• Prior experience using YouTube’s CMS, Facebook’s Rights Manager, or any other rights-related content management system is a plus
• Prior experience with CWR, EBR, and manual registration methods for the U.S. P.R.O.’s or mechanical societies a plus
• Understanding of the intricacies of the ex-U.S. music industry a plus
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to adapt to working under constantly changing priorities
• Excellent written communication skills demonstrated with a professional resume and cover letter
Reasons to work with us:
• As an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America Vydia offers huge opportunities to grow with the company.
• Vydia was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2017 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
• Full medical/dental/vision package and available 401k
• Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
• Team lunch every Monday and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks
• An on-site gym facility
• Open, creative workspace located inside the historic site of NJ innovation, Bell Works
• Leadership identified as the 2017 Tech Innovator of the year and highlighted by Entrepreneur Magazine as builder of one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America.
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia (vydia.com) is a fast growing, Inc. 500 technology company that has built a premiere platform for the exploding video content industry. Our solutions empower music creators to easily distribute, manage, and optimize their video and audio content through one centralized platform. The company is viewed as one of the leaders in the space as evidenced by strategic partnerships and integrations with Vevo, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, Apple, Dailymotion and several more. The vision of the company is to disrupt the entertainment industry through automation, data, and artificial intelligence that helps both creators and the next generation of music distribution. Vydia is constantly evolving and has attracted more than 200,000 musicians, influencers, and brands worldwide. The company has recently completed Series A financing, poising it to continue the exponential growth it has achieved since its inception.