Calling for star Senior Financial Accountants to join a rapidly growing company with an engaging and dynamic work environment. If you a tech-savvy Excel guru, who is data driven, pragmatic, personable and hands-on with 5-7 years of accounting and FP&A experience, then we would like to talk to you! The ideal candidate needs to be a fully qualified CPA.
This is a great opportunity for someone with both audit and corporate finance background, who enjoys a fast-paced environment with a constant stream of challenges that will help you to grow in leadership, technical skills and tenacity. The ideal candidate likes interacting with different stakeholders to drive better processes, to implement best practices, and mentoring and training staff, as well as finding solutions to tough problems. The Senior Accountant/ Assistant Controller will be responsible for financial accounting and financial operations, continuously improve financial policies and procedures, as well as provide input into and analysis of the creation and maintenance of the company budget. This role will report financials internally to Leadership and externally as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and purchasing.
- Be a key contributor by improving the platform in terms of work flow, data accuracy, and user experience.
- Drive process improvements and system implementation to achieve optimal efficiency.
- Assist the controller and VP of finance in preparing and analyzing variances between budget and actual amounts and provide commentaries.
- Review, evaluate and implement accounting/ERP systems, policies, and document procedures.
- Support the controller to ensure that all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the controller in monthly closing of books and monthly account reviews; prepare and present monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements.
- Coordinate annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, etc.
- Provide management with timely reviews of financial status and progress.
- Ensure compliance with statutory payroll and reporting.
- Monitor receivables to ensure credit risk is mitigated.
- Conduct investigations on royalty-related queries for VIP clients.
- Conduct ad hoc projects assigned by management.
- Directly supervises 1-2 employees within the Finance department(s)
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent
- Public accounting background from Big 4 or second tier national firms, having worked in technology practice, and experienced at least 2 busy seasons
- Fully qualified CPA
- 5+ years of progressively accounting experience, with a blend of public accounting firm (at least second tier firms) and private industry experience
- Solid understanding of US GAAP standards, equity accounting, with some exposure to SEC reporting
- Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports
- ERP implementation experience preferred but not necessary
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proven leadership and business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills required to enable optimal interactions both internally and externally
- Proficient in QuickBooks, and NetSuite, Excel, Word, and PPT
Reasons to work with us:
- As an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America Vydia offers huge opportunities to grow with the company.
- Vydia was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2017 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
- Full medical/dental/vision package
- Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Team breakfast every Monday and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks
- An on-site gym facility and team yoga on Thursdays
- Open, creative workspace located inside the historic site of NJ innovation, Bell Works
- Leadership identified as the 2017 Tech Innovator of the year and highlighted by Entrepreneur Magazine as builder of one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia (vydia.com) is a fast growing, Inc. 500 technology company that has built a premiere platform for the exploding video content industry. Our solutions empower music creators to easily distribute, manage, and optimize their video and audio content through one centralized platform. The company is viewed as one of the leaders in the space as evidenced by strategic partnerships and integrations with Vevo, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, Apple, Dailymotion and several more. The vision of the company is to disrupt the entertainment industry through automation, data, and artificial intelligence that helps both creators and the next generation of music distribution. Vydia is constantly evolving and has attracted more than 200,000 musicians, influencers, and brands worldwide. The company has recently completed Series A financing, poising it to continue the exponential growth it has achieved since its inception.