About the role:
Vydia is looking for an upbeat Brand Marketing and PR professional, experienced in crafting and delivering creative, strategic marketing excellence for the music or online content distribution industries. Our system helps nurture the careers of Online Content Creators by assisting their distribution efforts, protecting their digital rights, and managing their revenue across such platforms as YouTube, Vevo,Tik Tok, and Spotify. You can be a part of that process, by helping our clientele of individual artists, indie recording labels and larger content distribution agencies alike engage with their social media following while promoting the Vydia brand. This role is based at our Headquarters in the Bell Works (https://bell.works), a hub of innovation for design firms, start-up's and technology leaders in Holmdel, NJ.
If you are the right fit for this role it means you have demonstrated experience with branding, marketing channel coordination, or conceptualization and execution. You will work closely with the product and technology teams to help conceptualize and document initiatives and improvements that increase marketing value. The person hired for this job will be able to present a combination of creative skills, analytical thought process and digital marketing expertise.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Gather the materials necessary to understand our clients’ content and our competition in the marketplace such as literature or previous marketing campaigns; analyze these materials to determine the most effective communications technique.
- Based on assessment, draft and propose communications campaigns, which may include social and online media, print media, and other multimedia
- PR acquisition, drafting and editing of press releases to music industry publications such as Billboard, Rolling Stone, Variety, Music Biz, etc.
- Identify appropriate social media platforms and other web-based tools to use in the promotion of each product or service, occasionally taking the reins of a client's YouTube channel or IG account to curate content and build visibility
- Develop innovative strategies to attract customers to the company’s brand through various web-based marketing programs, search engine optimization (SEO) techniques and event activations and campaigns.
- Plan and manage live events to correspond with new artist signings, track or album releases, award shows, music festivals, or streaming industry milestones
- Oversee the implementation of online marketing plans; compile and analyze data to measure the effectiveness of such plans.
- Report campaign results to management, addressing any questions or concerns.
- Identify and recommend improvements and modifications to existing programs and additional or new marketing strategies and opportunities.
- Customer relationship development, documenting case studies and testimonials
- 6-8 years’ experience marketing for the recording or streaming music industries, or artist management services
- Prior experience creating, editing or producing audio, visual or written marketing materials
- Prior experience executing social marketing campaigns or running corporate social accounts
- Strong written, verbal and face-to-face interpersonal communication skills
- Genuine interest in modern music, film, TV, online media and Pop culture
Reasons to work with us:
- As an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America Vydia offers huge opportunities to grow with the company.
- Vydia was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2017 due to its collaborative, fast paced, and fun, thriving environment
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement and financial wellness plans
- Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Team lunch every Monday and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks
- A free on-site gym facility
- Open, creative workspace located inside the historic site of NJ innovation, Bell Works
- Leadership identified as the 2017 Tech Innovator of the year and highlighted by Entrepreneur Magazine as builder of one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia is an end-to-end platform that monetizes content and handles its own supply chain, distribution, data pipelines, complex rights management, and payments. Since its launch, the Inc. 500 video technology company has played a major role in amplifying multiple genres and further supporting the careers of Lil Pump, Post Malone, Jon Z, and Drake Bell. The company has established strategic partnerships with over 200 digital service providers and applications such as Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok, SoundCloud and networks YouTube, Vevo, BET, MTV, Music Choice, and Facebook. Vydia’s technology-first approach enables them to address the needs of the industry and proactively provide solutions with speed.